First fac

davidm

Well my first firearms certificate has finally dropped through the door and I can't wait till I get home pick it up and go blow all my savings :)

Nice one mate :) welcome to having no money and buying stuff you don't need but like lol

well i bought my rifles new, as i,m planning on keeping mine for life and not chopping and changing all the time. all mine are sako's, tried quite afew different makes and realy liked them and in my price range, i,ve got meopta scope on my deer rifle which is more than good enough for my needs, i don't shot enough deer to pay 2.5k on optics(but would love one) you would get 10 more mins of light out of one at the top end but i,m no pro so meopta all the way for me.
saying that i,m just saving for a zeiss for my foxing rilfle as this is used week in week out,
my local rfd will not let you waste your money or sell you something you don't need so that heps me save abit,
just buy the basics rifle scope and bullets then just build your kit round it, hope this helps.
stav

Yeah that along the same lines a was thinking buying new with the rifle as then i know what it's done as I would know what to look for in a second hand rifle so new it will be, optics as you say for that extra 10 mins am still undecided but thanks for the advice. David

What do you have on you ticket? I would second buying new rifle, I bought a bushnell trophy xlt 3x9-40 for £139 inc postage and it works great when out lamping and spot on during the day!

I had a sako quad as my first rimfire and bought a 700 sps in 243 all brand new with the warranties!

Important things to remember with your license.

1. Read the conditions. If you don't agree with them send it back and tell them why. If you sign it you are agreeing to the conditions placed on your certificate.
2. Don't forget to sign it. But as above only if you agree with the conditions. Strangly if you don't sign it you will be in breach of your conditions when you get a rifle and not all dealers will check you have signed it.
3. Have fun

What do you have on you ticket? I would second buying new rifle, I bought a bushnell trophy xlt 3x9-40 for £139 inc postage and it works great when out lamping and spot on during the day!

I had a sako quad as my first rimfire and bought a 700 sps in 243 all brand new with the warranties!

.270 and sound moderator.

Important things to remember with your license.

1. Read the conditions. If you don't agree with them send it back and tell them why. If you sign it you are agreeing to the conditions placed on your certificate.
2. Don't forget to sign it. But as above only if you agree with the conditions. Strangly if you don't sign it you will be in breach of your conditions when you get a rifle and not all dealers will check you have signed it.
3. Have fun

Will check it all properly tomorrow, don't get back home till tomorrow and I can't wait :)

Don't forget to budget in for the expensive but necessary accessories; ammo, cleaning kit, bipod, sling etc etc. If you don't already own then then it soon runs into lots :british:

Well checke it no conditions just a box of bullets less than what I asked for so not to botherd all is good... So straight to my local gun shop and bought my new set up tikka t3 lite with ziess duralyt 3-12x50 :)

Back