Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "The day I killed for my supper" A Daily Mail article.

Nice to see another piece in the national press raising awareness of what we do. Reasonable and balanced piece, with a few obvious errors.

Some 'interesting' comments as ever afterwards. It never ceases to amaze me how many 'experts' there are out there who are prepared to commit their views on any number of give subjects to paper or screen.

Evenly balanced article. The comments underneath..same old though

Quote Originally Posted by wildfowler.250 View Post
    Evenly balanced article. The comments underneath..same old though
    The "anti" ones have mostly been voted down though, interestingly. Is that all our work, or is the general public on our side?

I enjoyed the read, ...Can't wait to see one of those Pygmy Sika though!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    I enjoyed the read, ...Can't wait to see one of those Pygmy Sika though!
    Pygmy sika?, they had their bino's back to front !

I've been encouraged by the number of reasonably balanced pieces on field sports in the recent press despite the obvious factual errors. At least the guy shot and ate the deer, unlike Gordon (Macho) Ramsey who couldn't pull the trigger but was happy to send his "garden" animals to the abattoir. You'll never persuade the antis, (I really hope that they are all vegetarian), but it's rather worrying that so many think that all meat just comes via a supermarket truck wrapped in plastic.

Come back The Domestic Science classes at school!,................origins of all food products should be part of the curriculum, ............... who remembers preying on the lasses bakery tins, on the school bus home???
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Morning,

The chef, Andrew McLeish, happens to be a very good friend of mine. In the spirit of promoting the field to fork concept further, he is offering a free glass of champagne to every SD member when booking a table. Just mention the SD site and this thread.

http://www.chaptersrestaurants.com/s.../1/chapter_one

Regards,

Marcel

A really good honest article. And I know exactly what he means about feeling sad after shooting an animal - its something I always feel as well. Personally I do think all hunting is and should be a very personal choice.