Thread: When I'm not shooting.................

When I'm not shooting.................

I hope some people find it interesting, if not, change threads

During the day, I'm involved with making Subaru's go faster, and this weekend we had our own car racing at a competition called "Ten of the Best".

The competition is for teams of 10 cars of the same make, competing for points as both a team, and individuals, in three events, drag race, top speed over 1k, and a handling course.

There are 3 main teams, Mitsubishi Evo's, Nissan Skylines/GTR's, and the Subaru's, with other cars/teams adding up to about 100 + competitors. You get anything from a tuned up Corsa, Porsche, to American V8's.

The Subaru team won it last year, with my car taking the overall title, and this year the Subaru team won again, with my car coming second overall, to another Subaru that I part sponsor with our engine parts.

Andy (overall winner), in the Blue/white Subaru runs a 3.6lt 6 cyl engine with over 1000bhp. Drag time on the day 8.77 seconds @ 169mph. Top speed in the kilometre 202.4mph !!!

My car, nick named the "Banana" for obvious reasons, is a 2.35lt 4 cyl engine, that we estimate at circa 900bhp (until we get a chance to dyno test it) ran 8.95 @ 168mph, and achieved 194.8mph top speed in the kilometre.

These are not just "drag" cars, both were in the top ten for handling too, coming 4th, and 7th.

Hope they're of interest

Semi final

Final

it doesnt go too badly does it? haha

Makes my 50 hp toro 4500 d mower look very slow ,I can mow a full size rugby pitch in about 20 mins .thats what I do when I'm not stalking
    Kind regards norma

well i race f1 stockcars when i can afford too but not raced for last 2 years but me and my brother are just finishing building anew 675 bhp 6.2 v8 and it's full contact racing(hense when i can afford it lol) also race a modstox which is 78 bhp 850cc engine but also full contact and a good laugh.
    stav
    if your going too be dumb you have too be tough

hit a red stag through Glencoe and it will be the same hunk of junk I drive......

Glad you did so well, no surprise about Andy, hes been pushing the boundries for years now and has a stunnigly quick car.
    Simon (JGM) didnt do too badly, 10.01 being his quickest time and he wouldve been in the 9s if he had remembered to empty his boot!!!

I have a 1.9d puggy 306 if you need a swap...

Quote Originally Posted by Bomag View Post
    Glad you did so well, no surprise about Andy, hes been pushing the boundries for years now and has a stunnigly quick car.
    Simon (JGM) didnt do too badly, 10.01 being his quickest time and he wouldve been in the 9s if he had remembered to empty his boot!!!
    Bomag,

Andy's car is stunningly quick, and we were really pleased, and shocked to get as close as we did, I know he was too, you should have seen his face when he saw we'd pulled a 168mph terminal

I'm happy for Andy, he's certainly the one to beat at the moment, but I'm also happy, because he runs some of my custom engine parts, so I win either way

Simon's also running a 3.3lt 6 cyl engine similar to Andy's, but his main hurdle at the moment, is lack of racing experience, but I'm sure that will change now he's finally got a competitive car. I think he's running well over 800bhp, on low boost

How do you know those reprobates anyway ?

Mark.

I was part of the Admin team for Surrey Scoobies so know CJ, Bod and Stew from TFS, and most of the guys helping Simon out.