Unusual German Roe Buck Head

morena

These photos was posted to me for my comments. ( Owner Joachim Algermisson )

GermanRoeBuck.jpg
In skin.
German-Roe-Buck.jpg

Abnormality is the left pedicle developed in the wrong position. No evidence it developed in the correct place initially.It was lower down the frontal bone towards the orbicular rim ( bony bit round the eye ) Obscured vision on this side ? This would have made it more vulnerable to injury than usual hence the fracture as marked Rubbing on trees etc or impact ? The pedicle has the ability to heal without a callus. The infraorbital nerve emerges at the medial canthus of the eye as marked. Query ?? subject to injury at the time of fracture. The auriculopalpebral nerve serve the lateral canthus of the eye before sending branches up the pedicle to the developing antler ( in velvet ) damage to this would result in multiple nerves. Thus all the tines, as multiple nerve and blood vessels in the velvet. Sorry for the technical explanation but necessary. If need be come back for simplification and will try again.

It never ceases to amaze me what sort of pain and trauma some animals can endure,he must of been in a great deal of discomfort to say the least!

Martin

Back