Thread: Buttalo Really Works!

Buttalo Really Works!

Well I finally gave into temptation ad brought one a few week s ago! Not thinking they are surely that good!! Or Are They! Gave My a we text to seen if he wanted to come but he's daddy day care today! I only had about 2 hrs as her in doors is working tonight, so i went to a part of a wood that's always produced. I sat at the base of a big oak set my sticks up hooked the buttalo over the rest got comfy and gave 3 little peeps! and with in 15 seconds i had a doe and a buck full tilt towards me about 40yds! I gave it a second to see if they would stop but never did! by this time they were with in 20 yds! and with an ever twitching bottom i gave a BARK, The doe turned 90" and the buck stopped in his tracks not a yard more then 15 so i gave him the 6.5 treatment and he fell one the spot! So to cap it off yes the call works a treat for me! just have to try on the munties now!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	buck.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	17986Click image for larger version. 

Name:	buckq1.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	17987
    Last edited by speedystu; 03-08-2012 at 19:59.

Quote Originally Posted by speedystu View Post
    Well I finally gave into temptation ad brought one a few week s ago! Not thinking they are surely that good!! Or Are They! Gave My a we text to seen if he wanted to come but he's daddy day care today! I only had about 2 hrs as her in doors is working tonight, so i went to a part of a wood that's always produced. I sat at the base of a big oak set my sticks up hooked the buttalo over the rest got comfy and gave 3 little peeps! and with in 15 seconds i had a doe and a buck full tilt towards me about 40yds! I gave it a second to see if they would stop but never did! by this time they were with in 20 yds! and with an ever twitching bottom i gave a BARK, The doe turned 90" and the buck stopped in his tracks not a yard more then 15 so i gave him the 6.5 treatment and he fell one the spot! So to cap it off yes the call works a treat for me! just have to try on the munties now!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	buck.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	17986Click image for larger version. 

Name:	buckq1.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	17987

Well done the Buttolo is a good piece of kit and works well on Muties to.

Jimbo

The Buttolo certainly works and can be very exciting seeing a buck rush in and almost landing on top of you. I have watched a DVD covering the use of the Nordik roe caller and again with skill bucks can be drawn in from good distances. But does using the mating drive/desire of a buck give the same satisfaction as stalking into a wary animal. Don't get me wrong here I use a caller and also high seats but apart from the skills in using the caller or positioning a high seat in a spot where there is known deer activity is it stalking

The buttolo is some tool, Ive found it works great on nosey does with a buck in tow. Its also brilliant for raising deer if you know they are there but lying down. They have to have a wee look to see whats making the noise cherrs Hootsman

This time of year a stem of grass or a beach leaf works just fine for calling a horny roebuck.

15yds is about your range hootsman Apparently

Aye kick a man when hes down Swarovski lol. I still miss at 15 yrds. Cheers Hootsman

We have all missed mate just not as close as you,no I haven't missed a roe but shot a bit high before,have missed a few foxes over the years