Thread: Good few days off.....

Good few days off.....

After a nice few days off work was time to catch up on a bit of shooting with me mate welder,3 nights of lamping which see 9 foxs in the bag,and to end it all of on a high was 2 days of pigeon shooting over rape stubble which see a total of 100 birds over the two days shot,so not too bad a time.............

Quote Originally Posted by welder View Post
    and two more fox tonight
    yep another 2 last night,was 4 on the same field,will have to go back in the week for them..............

I took my son out Friday He hasn't picked up a shot gun in over 1 yr and its the first time I have used mine since mid Dec 11. Anway in 4 hours we shot 80 pigeon x150 cartridges. Not too bad took a while to get into the groove then became a little clinical. My son shot very well with 20 bore, just costing a small fortune in carts.

D

Quote Originally Posted by Cyres View Post
    I took my son out Friday He hasn't picked up a shot gun in over 1 yr and its the first time I have used mine since mid Dec 11. Anway in 4 hours we shot 80 pigeon x150 cartridges. Not too bad took a while to get into the groove then became a little clinical. My son shot very well with 20 bore, just costing a small fortune in carts.

D
    Nice when ya get the pigeons coming in well,mind you the cost of 12g cartirdges around here are high,6-50 a box for cheap ones,wat are you guys paying???

Haven't a clue, I got the 20bores from the Caledonian cartridge co 3 years ago and mine were at least the same age, darn't think current cost of my favourite which are Gamebore super games 32grm 6's fibre wad.

Was using Lyendale 7.5's in 28grm, improved/quarter, lack stopping power at longer shots though. Heck of alot of this years juvenille birds I expect 30-40% of the bag.

D

Quote Originally Posted by Cyres View Post
    Haven't a clue, I got the 20bores from the Caledonian cartridge co 3 years ago and mine were at least the same age, darn't think current cost of my favourite which are Gamebore super games 32grm 6's fibre wad.

Was using Lyendale 7.5's in 28grm, improved/quarter, lack stopping power at longer shots though. Heck of alot of this years juvenille birds I expect 30-40% of the bag.

D
    yeah we had quite a few young ones you can all ways tell by the way they dive bomb in