Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Foxing

  1. #1

    Foxing

    Called in these 2 tonight using the original fox caller, 1st one was heading away from me when i spotted it. I managed to call it back in & it was taken from well over 200yards, I had a good vantage point tonight as i was set up on the bipod & layed up on the hill so was feeling confident enough to take the shot, 2nd one came right in to about 50yards. Both killed outright with the .243....

    Attachment 17990Attachment 17991


    Alba gu brąth

    Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under
    .

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by jackfish View Post
    Called in these 2 tonight using the original fox caller, 1st one was heading away from me when i spotted it. I managed to call it back in & it was taken from well over 200yards, I had a good vantage point tonight as i was set up on the bipod & layed up on the hill so was feeling confident enough to take the shot, 2nd one came right in to about 50yards. Both killed outright with the .243....

    Attachment 17990Attachment 17991
    what sort of time did you get them at as foxes where i am dont move till its almost dark good shooting by the way was going out myself till it pored down global warming my arse

  3. #3
    Between 19:30 and 21:30 but can pick them up at anytime of the day at the minute, there's no shortage up here, missed an opportunity this morning at around 09:00 just wasn't quick enough getting the rifle off the shoulder!

    Cheers Bryan


    Alba gu brąth

    Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under
    .

  4. #4
    not down my way just before dark then all night first light they are gone onley ever got 6foxes during the day and onley as i was right across a valey waching them come out of the den got the lot dog fox vixen and all the cubs that was 5years ago

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by wraith View Post
    what sort of time did you get them at as foxes where i am dont move till its almost dark good shooting by the way was going out myself till it pored down global warming my arse
    I have been busy and lucky last week 3 in 3 consecutive nights all between 19:00 and 21:00 hrs.

    One day I want to be as wonderful as my dogs think i am .....

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by neil_r View Post
    I have been busy and lucky last week 3 in 3 consecutive nights all between 19:00 and 21:00 hrs.
    I wish the ones around here got up as early.i cannot remember the last one i shot before 1am.

    bornfree

  7. #7
    I've had 27 over the last 17 days.

  8. #8
    That's a very good average!!!


    Alba gu brąth

    Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under
    .

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy_SP View Post
    I've had 27 over the last 17 days.
    well done mate thats a good number for the time span dont think im going to get my tally this year ground still not cut rain and more rain will it ever stop

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by wraith View Post
    well done mate thats a good number for the time span dont think im going to get my tally this year ground still not cut rain and more rain will it ever stop
    Agreed - although some of the ground around here has been cut, lots more hasn't - hopefully, it'll go before too long and I'll be able to get at the remaining foxes then.

Similar Threads

  1. Foxing with a .22LR
    By dingwall_dave in forum Other Shooting & Keepering
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 08-03-2012, 20:58
  2. NV for Foxing
    By Oneshot in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-11-2011, 10:04
  3. Foxing with Lamp and Rifle OR Going Foxing
    By scott9.3x62 in forum Other Shooting & Keepering
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-03-2011, 14:35
  4. foxing with the help of the snow
    By sir-lamp-alot in forum Other Shooting & Keepering
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 25-12-2010, 03:36
  5. Foxing
    By Gyr in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 25-04-2008, 19:19

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •