Foxing

jackfish

Called in these 2 tonight using the original fox caller, 1st one was heading away from me when i spotted it. I managed to call it back in & it was taken from well over 200yards, I had a good vantage point tonight as i was set up on the bipod & layed up on the hill so was feeling confident enough to take the shot, 2nd one came right in to about 50yards. Both killed outright with the .243....:D

View attachment 17990View attachment 17991

Called in these 2 tonight using the original fox caller, 1st one was heading away from me when i spotted it. I managed to call it back in & it was taken from well over 200yards, I had a good vantage point tonight as i was set up on the bipod & layed up on the hill so was feeling confident enough to take the shot, 2nd one came right in to about 50yards. Both killed outright with the .243....:D

View attachment 17990View attachment 17991
what sort of time did you get them at as foxes where i am dont move till its almost dark good shooting by the way was going out myself till it pored down global warming my arse

Between 19:30 and 21:30 but can pick them up at anytime of the day at the minute, there's no shortage up here, missed an opportunity this morning at around 09:00 just wasn't quick enough getting the rifle off the shoulder!

Cheers Bryan

not down my way just before dark then all night first light they are gone onley ever got 6foxes during the day and onley as i was right across a valey waching them come out of the den got the lot dog fox vixen and all the cubs that was 5years ago

what sort of time did you get them at as foxes where i am dont move till its almost dark good shooting by the way was going out myself till it pored down global warming my arse

I have been busy and lucky last week 3 in 3 consecutive nights all between 19:00 and 21:00 hrs.

well done mate thats a good number for the time span dont think im going to get my tally this year ground still not cut rain and more rain will it ever stop

Agreed - although some of the ground around here has been cut, lots more hasn't - hopefully, it'll go before too long and I'll be able to get at the remaining foxes then.

Nice result their Jackfish. I tiried an early morning,(0500) fox mission this morning and it
paid off. Nice size dog fox in stunning nick, headshot at 120yds. Baited and laid up. It's amazing what time they're still about.

Surely is, seen one at the site of my last gralloch yesterday morning at 09:00, nothing left of the gralloch just the scent must be enough to keep them coming back!!

I saw another three yesterday evening. All fell within a few feet of each other, less than fifty yards from about 800 free-range chickens...

We just had 3 sub adult in 2 nights. They thought they was at all you can eat buffet at a duck dinner. Shot between 2am and 3am. Not good when your going from foxing to getting up 2 hrs later to milk cows.

Surely is, seen one at the site of my last gralloch yesterday morning at 09:00, nothing left of the gralloch just the scent must be enough to keep them coming back!!

I reckon so, their sense of smell is about a 1000:eek::eek: times better than ours so it would make sense. I checked my bait area today and all the stinky dog food had gone. Still more to be shot.;)

Back