Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boots

Boots

Hi I'm after some stalking boots , any suggestions appreciated . Must be waterproof and at least ankle height .
    ?has anyone tried the jack pyke ones ?
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Acm View Post
    Hi I'm after some stalking boots , any suggestions appreciated . Must be waterproof and at least ankle height .
    ?has anyone tried the jack pyke ones ?
    Cheers
    mendle dover extreem best boots out there still using a pair last 7 years never a drop of water got in hear is a link e.bay item number 160718280112 get a pair you wont regret it
    Last edited by wraith; 04-08-2012 at 11:38.

+ 1 for the above Miendels no problems come up a little small so if your after wearing thick socks get 1/2 size bigger at least

Altberg or harkila, cant reccomend them both enough!!

My last pair of boots were le chameau mouflon and lasted just over 6 years, used almost daily. After reading a few reviews and talking to other people i went for a pair of harkila pro hunter gtx boots.....Very impressed, took a little longer to get slipper like but now are fantastic.

Edit...Can get them for about 180 if you shop about on the net, most places are charging 210-240!
    Last edited by Southdowns_stalking; 04-08-2012 at 12:07.
    "Good advice is always certain to be ignored, but that's no reason not to give it." Agatha Christie

+1 for the meindl douvre extreme. Also agree with Norma 308 about the half size extra, although the boots are wide they definitely are tight lengthways.

same here ,Meindl douvre ,and a pr Meindl Burma for summer.

Meindal Antarkitis. Ive had mine for over 5 years never been wet, and they are superbly warm in the winter.

Nutty

Lowa Mountain GTX.
    Fantastic Boot. Never had cold or wet feet even Hind stalking in Perthshire. They come in 1/2 sizes too and different width fittings.

Yorkie.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce w View Post
    same here ,Meindl douvre ,and a pr Meindl Burma for summer.
    Hi I have a pair of Meindl Burma really well made, strong and waterproof but so uncomfortable for a long time until broken in, may be my feet but they are ok now.

Cheers Willowbank