Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sako help

sako help

whilst i had my rifle out last night i noticed that the barrel is sloping left and right and just wondered what could be done, obviously ive checked that the screw's which attach the rifle to the stock are tight and to get the barrel to stop moving i seem to have to over tighten the screws and im thinking of maybe glass bedding the rifle but before i do i thought i would see what others think and if it makes any differnce the rifle is a sako 85

Make sure everything's tight and if it shoots straight leave well alone it's ment to be a floating barrel

slopes left and right??

that does not make sence , some pictures may help explain better
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

Sounds familiar,
    I recently bought a second hand sako 75 in .243 which has a recurrent problem. The screws can be as tight as you like before shooting, but after a good session (ie when zeroing etc) the screws sometimes loosen enough for the whole action to move in the stock. Since buying the rifle about 2 months ago and having it 'fixed' by the shop i bought it from a few weeks ago, i treated myself to a new scope. Needless to say very excited to take it out today to zero it in.....groups got worse by the end of the session - you guessed it wobbly action.
    Gun going back to shop on tuesday for a refund, well peed off.

Attachment 18016
    Does it slope like this one?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails aoveralldamag.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by gundog View Post
    Attachment 18016
    Does it slope like this one?
    S**t what happened there.

You mean the barrel is loose from the action?

Quote Originally Posted by csl View Post
    You mean the barrel is loose from the action?
    god no not that bad basical the screws which attach the stock to the action come loose which then lets the action move left and right which is obviously attached to the barrel so the barrel can be pushed to the left or right of the channel it sits in within the fore end i know that its also been mentioned that the rifle has a floating barrel and yes im fully aware of this but this is not the problem because i know that the barrel can be pushed either let or right or what ever direction you fancey as its free floating but it will always return back to centre when you stop putting pressure on it un-like what its doing now

Quote Originally Posted by sir-lamp-alot View Post
    god no not that bad basical the screws which attach the stock to the action come loose which then lets the action move left and right which is obviously attached to the barrel so the barrel can be pushed to the left or right of the channel it sits in within the fore end i know that its also been mentioned that the rifle has a floating barrel and yes im fully aware of this but this is not the problem because i know that the barrel can be pushed either let or right or what ever direction you fancey as its free floating but it will always return back to centre when you stop putting pressure on it un-like what its doing now
    Exact same situation with my rifle, wonder if there is a problem with the sako design?

Surely Not! every knows that Sakos are so much better than Tikka T3s