Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How bad is your local gunshop- sportsman

How bad is your local gunshop- sportsman

well i have to tell you my opinion of sportsman gun centre (newport) couldnt be any lower at the moment after years of buying there and before as litts, they have had my ESTATE rifle a 270 tika for over 4 months now and no sign of it being returned as it needed repair under their warranty, it took over 2mts for the screw cutting in the first place so in 12 mts i'v had the gun for less than 6 so with little tollerance left i enquired about just buying a new one but dispite all this they were only willing to offer me cost(what they paid) for it off another gun, All this dispite the fact that i am also buying 3 brand new rifles from them at the same time and i have taken my boss there for both his rifles my brother for all his guns and thousands of pounds worth of other stuff we get all our shoot ammo from them etc etc, and just last week i took 2 new guns in to be kitted out with clothes ,wellies etc,for the comming season, and would have for their guns when their licences arrived (seems doubtfull now) and then to add insult to injury a close friend who i took there for his gun got convicted for an assault the day after he bought the gun and it has resided with me ever since a BROWNING PRO GOLD HUNTER 3&1/2" cammo auto with chokes it has had less than 25 shells through it and the boys in the shop have known the gun and the circumstances around it but we waited to see if he could get his licence back on appeal but he didnt so it was left to me to sell it for him i asked in sportsman and initally was told about 800 as the gun was like new and they had sold it him for about 1500 so a 50% return in the circumstances didnt seem so bad but when i went there this week to put it in against the 3 new rifles i was buying they said just 450. It appeared they were trying to force my hand as they know im off up to scotland stalking next week and have no estate rifle as they havnt had it fixed in 4 months, so will only have my Blaser as you would expect after that service i have held off buying the three rifles they have there for me as 2 of them aren't even the exact ones i ordered i ordered a SAKO .375 BAVARIAN, and they got me a HUNTER model and i ordered a HOWA 1500 LAMINATE THUMBHOLE IN NUTMEG AND THEY GOT A GREY one for me, the only thing they got right was the browning i ordered.
    WOULD YOU BUY FROM THEM AFTER ALL THIS i think they may have just lost the sale of 4-5 new rifles and at least 3 new shotguns as i intend buying a new BERETTA 12g before the season starts.

I had problems with them when they were Litts, it seems they have not changed. Go to another shop if possible.

ATB

Have you actually told them how you feel?...or just decided to slag them off on here?

I have used them alot and have never had a problem they always get things out very quick. I had a problem whith a pair of wellies that I had owned for a couple of months and when I returned them to have a look at they sent me out a new pair straight away. A big thumbs up from me

Great service from them this week. Ordered a Zeiss Duralyt scope with a FREE pair of minox binos. The price of the deal was as cheap as anywhere else on the net and the order arrived 4 days later. Whats not to like?

Seriously though, getting a bit bored of reading threads on here started with the intention of just having a moan.

just having a moan, if you get bad service from some one and in this case a shooter dont you think you should let other shooters know the problems you have had so that future shooters dont get treated the same.

and if you get bored reading them you know the answer dont you "dont read them".

paul
    I have guns because i love shooting, what i hate is red tape and been screwed by a Dishonest Government.

Quote Originally Posted by Deako View Post
    Have you actually told them how you feel?...or just decided to slag them off on here?
    yes they were told and just keep blaming GMK i think it is who are supposed to supply them and repair the gun but i know that my 270 sat in their armoury for 3-4 weeks while they hadf a dissagreement with their local gunsmith before it was finally sent to gmk as a last resort.
    If this were any other object a CAR for example, i would get a courtesy vehicle and most other companies would at least try to sort something out but they just dont seem to give a damm any more the atmosphere has changed there over the last 12 mts and not for the better having said that i have allways had sterling service untill now so not just moaning just sharing my feelings that a once good shop has slipped so badly and on talking to others finding that it's a common problem there over the last year, and wondering if other shops were letting things slipp in the receshion.

Quote Originally Posted by trooper3.1 View Post
    just having a moan, if you get bad service from some one and in this case a shooter dont you think you should let other shooters know the problems you have had so that future shooters dont get treated the same.

and if you get bored reading them you know the answer dont you "dont read them".

paul
    You and I both know the OP has already been posted on 2 previous threads.

Have you tried Trading standards?

Got to be honest, imo, Sean, stu and Mike, have always provided great service to me, and have always gone beyond expectations to help me when needed, whether it was giving a good part ex price, ordering no stock goods in for me, giving a good price/deal to secure a sale , or just giving great advice on things like bullets/reloading etc- I can't complain.

That said I had a Beretta from another dealer with a fault, and it had to go back to GMK - what a shower of s h i t !

Hope you get your shooters sorted to your satisfaction.