Cracking muntjac

Further to my post on Saturday about following up a wounded deer:

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5302

We were out again yesterday morning with the French clients. Three muntjac, all cleanly shot, one of which was an absolute corker!

DSC00043.jpg

A successful day by all accounts

willie_gunn

Ohhhh that is a nice Munty :D that should go gold with any luck. I shot one similar to that about 6 years back in Northamptonshire.

Well done :D

Sikamalc

Quick question how do you prepare the head?

The Buck i shot last week was really good and i spent hours boiling and cutting very thick rubber-like skin away for hours!

?

T

Anthony

They were very happy indeed, and with good reason! The country here seems to be ideal for muntjac - there are a number on the ground with very good heads.

I've said before that (while personally I am not a trophy hunter) my experience has been that the best trophies have typically been the 'worst' stalks - turn a corner, there's a shootable beast, pull the trigger and down it goes. Funny how it goes.

willie_gunn

I used to shoot on an estate in the Chilterns where there seemed to be a large number of bucks of that class. We were only shooting cull bucks, (free so couldn't grumble) but saw potential medal bucks nearly every time out. The keeper had over 20 likely golds in his shed but never had any of them measured. I ran a rough tape over one and it measured over 5.25" on both sides.

Back