Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recomendations for .375 rifle

Recomendations for .375 rifle

HI guy's i was wondering how many of you have .375h&h rifles and what you'd recomend i like the SAKO 85 KODIAC & BAVARIAN but getting hold of one from sportsman seems impossible any ideas are welcome however i'm on a budget so another BLASER is out of the question (SHE WOULD GO APE)LOL, THANKS.

I have a cz and it is a great gun. It did not break the bank and did everything I wanted in SA. I would use it for deer, if I was allowed. It shoots 1 inch groups all day long with homeloads and its about the right weight not to hurt on the range.

Hiya

I have a Winchester Safari/Express?, few years old and dont know what they cost now. I use it on deer here and abroad - fit for purpose. Wasnt too expensive ie not into 4 figures from recollection.

Just about most rifles will do the job - whether it is a high-end marque or not - can be frustrating when the rifle and/or expensive scope gets scratched/dinged going through the bush..............could be a rite of passage or reminder of a good/difficult shot/particular animal.........

L

I have a Sako 85 .375 H&H, standard version. It came with really well figured wood. One down side is the lightweight barrel, which does nothing to dampen recoil. Do I like it ... yup, would I buy the same again... Yup

Sticks

For Sale: Brno .375 HH

I can defo recommend this rifle
    shame I don't have the use for it otherwise I would never attempt to sell it

Quote Originally Posted by CWMMAN3738 View Post
    HI guy's i was wondering how many of you have .375h&h rifles and what you'd recomend i like the SAKO 85 KODIAC & BAVARIAN but getting hold of one from sportsman seems impossible any ideas are welcome however i'm on a budget so another BLASER is out of the question (SHE WOULD GO APE)LOL, THANKS.
    If you already have a Blaser, why not buy a .375 H&H barrel for it, that's what I done, have a look at Mcleods, Gregor usually has a couple both new and second hand.

Moose

Decent .375 Blaser in the classifieds for right money.

I'd buy that.

Atb
    Moses
    "If you don't belong, don't be long"

A quick look on Guntrader shows the new Winchester 70 sells for just under a grand. That's NIB and from reports the FN manufactured Model 70's are good rifles.

An original Brno ZKK 602 in 375 H&H can be had for less than 600

Just looked on Gunstar and there are two Sako 85's listed one the Anniversary issue at 20K and a the other at 5,970 damn for that money one could almost buy a bespoke one from Ron Wharton .................................................. ..... I know which one I would prefer.

thanks guys but budget is about 1,500 for rifle

Quote Originally Posted by CWMMAN3738 View Post
    thanks guys but budget is about 1,500 for rifle
    That Blaser is on at 1400 in the for sale section, bargin IMHO.
    "If you don't belong, don't be long"