Thread: Hunting Vest

Hunting Vest

Doe's anyone know where I can buy a light weight multi pocket hunting vest, I am fed up of wearing a ruck sack or a bum bag some one must make something that will do the job.
    I am not interested in military stuff
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Keith, have you considered a Fly fishermans Gilet?, what about having a look round the Fly fishing place just down from you?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Thatchreed do one under the Jack Pyke brand - mesh base and multi front pockets. Only in cammo though

I use one with midge jacket on hot days - which will be any day now
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

The only thing I found with these Keith is that the pockets only have press studded fasteners designed for keeping items in whilst standing, I was re stocking pockets after every outing having not used anything. I looked everywhere for one with zips or something better than press stud fasteners but no luck. I have settled on an eberlestock bow hunters pack, only 15 litres and goes over one shoulder so other side is clear for my rifle.

Leon

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    The only thing I found with these Keith is that the pockets only have press studded fasteners designed for keeping items in whilst standing, I was re stocking pockets after every outing having not used anything. I looked everywhere for one with zips or something better than press stud fasteners but no luck. I have settled on an eberlestock bow hunters pack, only 15 litres and goes over one shoulder so other side is clear for my rifle.

Leon
    Aye - press-studs ARE a PITA = it's why I use Lift-the-Dot fasteners on any kit that MUST remain closed until I need it...
    It'd be an easy job to get a basic vest & add such fittings to customise it to a better spec.