Thread: Deer Stalking In Scotland

Deer Stalking In Scotland

Hi There All!

Im planning on heading up north in October, never been to scotland before and have decided to book some holiday off and head that way.

At the moment I haven't decided which particular part to head to but the only requirements are for some local Deer stalking and fly fishing.

Just wondering if any of you guys had any recommendations for some stalking and maybe a decent b&b thats not going to break the bank.

I know it sounds a bit vague but hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction.

Many Thanks,

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by rob121 View Post
    Hi There All!

Im planning on heading up north in October, never been to scotland before and have decided to book some holiday off and head that way.

At the moment I haven't decided which particular part to head to but the only requirements are for some local Deer stalking and fly fishing.

Just wondering if any of you guys had any recommendations for some stalking and maybe a decent b&b thats not going to break the bank.

I know it sounds a bit vague but hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction.

Many Thanks,

Rob
    Rob the tweed would be worth a look, for Salmon if thats your thing. Theres plenty of beats to choose from and how deep your pockets are. Jamross who posts here has stalking near the tweed. I dont know him but have read plenty of good posts about him and his stalking. I cant help with accomodation info as I dont know the area.

hope this helps
    Nutty

(Thanks for the above Nutty, )

Rob

Whether you want to come stalking with me or not I will happily point you in the direction of guys I know offering first class roe stalking in the borders around the area of Hawick and across to Kelso. As Nutty says I can offer you days at sika hinds.

Also happy to assist you in finding some good salmon fishing on the Tweed in this area which I know very well. Bear in mind though that October is a premium month on this river and it can be expensive, even on the lesser known beats. There is good fishing to be had if you know where to look though...

I know of one or two beats on the Teviot (Tweed tributary) as well that offers a good chance.

Drop me a PM if you want to find out more.

Quote Originally Posted by jamross65 View Post
    (Thanks for the above Nutty, )

Rob

Whether you want to come stalking with me or not I will happily point you in the direction of guys I know offering first class roe stalking in the borders around the area of Hawick and across to Kelso. As Nutty says I can offer you days at sika hinds.

Also happy to assist you in finding some good salmon fishing on the Tweed in this area which I know very well. Bear in mind though that October is a premium month on this river and it can be expensive, even on the lesser known beats. There is good fishing to be had if you know where to look though...

I know of one or two beats on the Teviot (Tweed tributary) as well that offers a good chance.

Drop me a PM if you want to find out more.

No probs, dont forget the Ettrick aswell..

Nutty

Thanks for your reply nutty

jamross65 pm sent

Rob

Solwaystalker on here will sort you out B+B on his doorstep and he is a great chap to take you out.

If you head North North to the Sutherland/Inverness area I could help you out with Sika Roe and some red stalking, all forestry.

Regards

Deer Deer another southerner going to be in for the time of his life
    Go and enjoy anywhere north of the border
    You should enjoy every minute good luck.