Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Knife for a tenner

Knife for a tenner

I'd like a new abuse knife must be fixed blade and cost around a tenner . I've heard good things about mora and cold steel , and being a bit of a knife nut id like to hear your stories onwhat you use .

Quote Originally Posted by Acm View Post
    I'd like a new abuse knife must be fixed blade and cost around a tenner . I've heard good things about mora and cold steel , and being a bit of a knife nut id like to hear your stories onwhat you use .
    I cant go past my knife from bushwear, Ive split rib cages, pelvic bones and it still comes back up to a razor adge with my lanskey.

BushWear: BushKnife Orange

nutty

I've got a Mora, and absolutely love it, mine is the Triflex steel one, (19.99) but the ordinary steel bladed one is just as good ( 9.99)...does everything I ask of it, and soooo easy to keep sharp, holds it's edge well for an economy knife..The sheath is great,holds thr knife in securely at any angle, no falling out of it at all... and the handle is non slip grip too, even with bloodied hands......

Quote Originally Posted by Norrie1956 View Post
    I've got a Mora, and absolutely love it, mine is the Triflex steel one, (19.99) but the ordinary steel bladed one is just as good ( 9.99)...does everything I ask of it, and soooo easy to keep sharp, holds it's edge well for an economy knife..The sheath is great,holds thr knife in securely at any angle, no falling out of it at all... and the handle is non slip grip too, even with bloodied hands......
    +1 Mora's are great knives!!
    "Smoke me a kipper - i'll be back for breakfast"

Have a look around the stalls at shows and markets that sell old tools etc ,picked up a classic 1970s William Rodgers for a tenner, will out live me and a joy to use. Every day carry ibberson or spyderco Persian or then again a case stockman or it could be my custom spyderco or one of my other twenty knives, yes I am a self confessed knife nut to
    Last edited by Taff; 05-08-2012 at 20:27. Reason: Spelling

Got loads of knives keep useing the mora though!!
    Save Water Drink Single Malt

Mora or Hultafors for a tenner. I do quite fancy a Svord kiwi general purpose for about 24 though...

Mora Clipper - impossible to find a better value knife

http://www.monarchcountryproducts.co...&product_id=74

9.99 on the above link.

Rgds

Rob
    www.monarchcountryproducts.co.uk for quality stalking & shooting accessories

I dont know how much they are over in UK,but I use swibos, cheap, good steel. For most deer work I carry a swibo sheep skinner in a pouch and a mercator folder for backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire Lad View Post
    Mora Clipper - impossible to find a better value knife

http://www.monarchcountryproducts.co...&product_id=74

9.99 on the above link.

Rgds

Rob

Thanks for the pm rob but I already ordered a mora 711 hunter from heinnies
    thanks for the input guys , well see how it goes !