Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Light pull on a tikka

Light pull on a tikka

Hi

Does anyone know if I can lighten the pull on a tikka t3 trigger?? Compared to my sako its just far too tough!

ATB Steve

Yes trigger adjustment is basically the same as the Sako.

You should be able to get it down to 1 3/4 - 2lbs any lower and it will slam fire.

We have 4 Sakos and a Tikka all are the same 1 3/4lb pull makes changing rifle much easier

Thanks just read that. Good news as it shoots good groups now so lighter trigger will make life easier. Thanks

ATB Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SussexFallow View Post
    Thanks just read that. Good news as it shoots good groups now so lighter trigger will make life easier. Thanks

ATB Steve
    you can purchase a lighter spring from flee bay just put in tikka t3 in the serch colum costs under a tenner

Both my T3's are set at 2lb 4oz. I didn't have to change the springs. They are very nice triggers

Quote Originally Posted by wraith View Post
    you can purchase a lighter spring from flee bay just put in tikka t3 in the serch colum costs under a tenner
    Carefull with these springs. Got a mate who changed his from one off ebay and it made the trigger heavier.

I am sitting here shaking my head and have to wonder how come the modern the shooter seems incapable of managing a trigger pull weight of more than a couple of pounds.

IMHO anything under 3lbs is too light for a hunting field rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    I am sitting here shaking my head and have to wonder how come the modern the shooter seems incapable of managing a trigger pull weight of more than a couple of pounds.

IMHO anything under 3lbs is too light for a hunting field rifle.
    Each to there own Brit ehh? But then you wont like it any way as it's a Tikka.

Adjustment range in the Sako & Tikka is good - should cover everyone's tastes.

Completely agree each to their own tastes, knowledge and circumstances, but in essence Brithunter has a point. A 3lb pull is a very good standard on a field rifle. Below that I would urge careful consideration - make it a decision rather than a default matter.

A long range foxer off a vehicle in balmy Sussex is in a different setting to a Highland Stalker carrying/ crawling and with a trigger finger operating in -15 C howling gale.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Simjim33 View Post
    Each to there own Brit ehh? But then you wont like it any way as it's a Tikka.
    Absolutely bugger all to do with make as I said IMHO opinion less than 3lbs on a field use rifle is too light.

We could also look at this another way I suppose .......................................... now if the shooter cannot manage a trigger pull of 3lb or more then perhaps they are entirely unsuited to field shooting and should restrict their shooting to the target ranges . Folks here are quick to jump on anyone suggesting a dubious back stop yet happily condone what could be a negligent discharge just waiting to happen. It's not an Accidental discharge but negligent as they know full well how light the trigger is set.