Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Insurance : How well are you covered ?

Insurance : How well are you covered ?

My insurance is nearly up for renewal:

Ive always been with BASC; a little blind to the alternatives and how good other schemes are

What recommendations / providers do you have ? what are the limits of the cover : like overseas ?

Thanks in advance

Tomsk

I could be wrong ( its happened before - rarely! ) but think the SACS website has a very good comparison chart. Sure it was posted on SD at some point in the last year, but couldnt readily locate it.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

and its not just insurance you should be looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsk View Post
    My insurance is nearly up for renewal:

Ive always been with BASC; a little blind to the alternatives and how good other schemes are

What recommendations / providers do you have ? what are the limits of the cover : like overseas ?

Thanks in advance

Tomsk
    The National Gamekeepers Organisation (NGO) are very good i think same insurance as BASC and supporter membership only 35~00. Give them a ring AM only 01833 660869.

Kind regards Jimbo

Quote Originally Posted by bobt View Post
    and its not just insurance you should be looking for.
    I forgot to add if you have any problems with FLD the NGO Firearms Officer will fight you corner for you unlike BASC.

Jimbo

I have searched the site for the answer but had no luck so here goes.
    Can anybody advise me of an Insurance company that will give me insurance cover without joining a club.
    I have been a member of the BASC and BDS for many years and, apart from the periodic glossy magazine, had no contact with them whatsoever.
    I am told they 'do a lot of work on our behalf behind the scenes', but haven't seen any result of this, personally, so far.
    As I am now getting on in years my activities have been somewhat curtailed, as has my income.
    So as a result of my recent BASC and BDS renewals have realised just how much I am paying out, also I do not need insurance cover from both bodies.
    I have approached the Insurance broker that deals with my household,car and dog insurance but when discussing cover for activities involving guns he clapped his hands with glee and I could hear the cash till going Kerching so loud it nearly deafened me !!!
    Anybody got any info, it is not only cover for stalking/shooting activities in UK but Europe also which rules out some of the other clubs like the NGO.

With BDS the insurance is an extra, its not included in normal membership.

Basc do a lot of work behind the scenes, look at their website.

Quote Originally Posted by bobt View Post
    With BDS the insurance is an extra, its not included in normal membership.

Basc do a lot of work behind the scenes, look at their website.
    +1 to both points.

I do think that BASC do a discount if you are over 65. They have a supporter rate but not sure what is included.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    +1 to both points.
    I do think that BASC do a discount if you are over 65. They have a supporter rate but not sure what is included.
    I'm over 70 and pay by direct debit and have insurance with both so will have to look into this a bit further as I was not aware of Insurance being an add on in either case or of any reduced fees being taken from my bank.