Blaser.. V.. H s precision

marksika270

Hi all...
I have just bought a blaser pro in 300 win mag with a match barrell still in the box never been fired...my gun dealer has just got in a new batch of h.s precision rifles and one has caught my eye...here is the prob..i am thinking of selling my blaser for the h.s
anyone got an oppinion...????

I heard a comment recently that an HS Precision rifle was basically a worked on Howa action.

I don't know if that is true or not but for less money you could have a completely custom built rifle in your exact spec based on a blueprinted Remington action fitted with a Jewell trigger (I assume the HS is somewhere between £2500 and £3000? If you like the idea/look of the HS then for the money I think I would go down that route before the HS Precision. There was a gunshop in the UK that stocked HS Precision rifles a few years ago, but then they seemed to dissapear. If your local shop stops importing them, what happens if the rifle develops a fault? Does it have to be sent back to the states for repair?

However, my only experience with HS is their stocks, which I think are superb, especially their short action thumb hole.

I have a R93 .300 Win Mag for my African and European trips.
For Plains Game out to and beyond 300 yards it is magic.

DavieH

Now let's see Howa verses Blaser ........................................................ Hmmmm

Howa a company that's been making rifles for a long time, far longer than Blaser has been in existence, I believe Howa made rifles for the Imperial Japanese Army during WW2. They also manufacture other items so the company has a broad base and more than one string to it's bow unlike Blaser. Their rifles seem to be well made and like certain manufacturers of the past make what their distributers want.

Blaser on the other hand are a fairly new company ................................. seems actually it's 50 years old but has changed hands several times ............................................ I find that worrying personally. If one reads the history and the way the much flaunted R93 is made then it raises some questions. Such as I have seen some of these very forums deriding Hammer forged barrels yet Blasers are made in that way ....................................... interesting methinks. The next question is how long before it changes hands again? It would only require a company Like Venture capital to get their mitts on it and it would be run into the ground with mediocre Q/C like Remington and Marlin both of which they control.

Personally I would be seeing which handles the best and fits the best. However I must say also that personally I would be seriously looking at other options. With that sort of budget there are plenty of options.

The HS is a custom action built by HS as are the barrels, action metal work and the stocks. When they first started out they used mod 70 and 700 actions but not now. The new ones have nothing to do with howa and the have a reputation for extremely good accuracy. Both are nicely built rifles but different, so pick what suits you best.

Not sure if you are from the north or south in Ireland,
in the South there are some fantastic custom rifle builders that have very short delivery times
and are very keenly priced. You could get a proper rifle made to suit you like a glove for similar
price to the aluminium clatterbox.
edi

hi all....
thanks for all the comments...
i have decided to sell the blaser and have a rifle built...so if anyone is intrested in a brand new blaser at a discount price get in touch...this rifle hasnt even chambered a round,it has come straight from the gun shop and into my safe...the spec is BLASER PRO R93 MATCH BARRELL IN 300 WIN MAG..i will put the info into the firearms section in the next few days with some pic's...

Why silly?

marksika has decided that the Blaser is not what he wants :smug: perhaps having had more time to handle it he has decided that it's just not for him or possibly the hype does not meet the reality :stir:.

Maybe you two should let marksika explain his reasons for getting rid instead of getting carried away as per usual .
The two biggest blaser bashers on the forum . Jealousy's a terrible thing .

Maybe you two should let marksika explain his reasons for getting rid instead of getting carried away as per usual .
The two biggest blaser bashers on the forum . Jealousy's a terrible thing .

:rofl: If your comment is aimed at me I suggest you go read the reply to conor1 on the Blaser miss-fire post.

Whilst I might covert some rifles the R93 certainly is not one of them. Now the k95 would be another matter however unless they could provide a more curved "normal" shaped cheek piece if I was to spend that sort of money and they only offered the squared profile Bavarian then I would be looking at Chapuis or similar make.

Blaser,300wm,match barrel,does it get any better than that :rolleyes:,maybe silly wasn't the right word,daft more appropriate

Blaser,300wm,match barrel,does it get any better than that :rolleyes:,maybe silly wasn't the right word,daft more appropriate

Obviously some think so. Whilst I am not a bench rest shooter I have yet to hear of a Blaser being used let alone winning competitions so one has to wonder if the Blaser is Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good why are they not found on the bench rest line?

Of course pointing this out and asking the question will once again been seen as knocking them :rolleyes:.

Obviously some think so. Whilst I am not a bench rest shooter I have yet to hear of a Blaser being used let alone winning competitions so one has to wonder if the Blaser is Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good why are they not found on the bench rest line?

Of course pointing this out and asking the question will once again been seen as knocking them :rolleyes:.
Blasers are a hunting rather than a BR rifle, I am sure that with your immense knowledge of Blasers you should have known this, perhaps an oversight on your part? atb Tim

Back