Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ticks

Ticks

Has anyone noticed there seems to be plenty of these around this yr, our ground is on the edge of Langholm moor and ech and evry time I go out I must brush upto a dozen off my clothes, and you always seem to find one locked on somewhere.

I wear gaters to try and stop them getting up my legs and always try and close the cuffs up on my jacket.

Iv'e tried all the repelants but nothing seems to work, anyone got any positive ideas to keep them away?

What methods of eradicating the little buggers are there?

wear a condom number 1.
    only have a long sleeved shirt.
    I wear high leather boots as the Hungarians do (any SM partys going down?)
    Not had a problem in Europe yet.
    USA was my Waterloo as I got bit while over there and spent 9 days in a German hospital afterwards, effing horible it was too.
    Martin

Rovince clothing. I picked up the trousers and shirt after picking up 4 ticks earlier in the year. Since I got it I have not had a tick. It's fairly expensive but it works.

Thanks guys will look into those, can anyone recommend any suitable repellants. I use Jungle Formula but even that wont deter them.

Nomad Bugproof Ultra works for me. http://www.nomadtravel.co.uk/p-32-bu...treatment.aspx

One or two pots usually lasts the season as long as you don't wash your strides too often! I pick up very few despite stalking in an infestation area and it is usually only after handling deer if i do not from just being out. Spray trousers inside and out.

Don't put it on your skin though it BURNS!

ROVINCE!!!

Since getting a tick on my foreskin that was it I splashed out and this clothing. It kills them stone dead if they crawl on your rovince layers. They can't get you if they're dead! Not a single tick found crawling above the waist since then bitches

Quote Originally Posted by paul at barony View Post
    ROVINCE!!!

Since getting a tick on my foreskin that was it I splashed out and this clothing. It kills them stone dead if they crawl on your rovince layers. They can't get you if they're dead! Not a single tick found crawling above the waist since then bitches
    You changed your tune a bit since the little man got attacked

Who sells the Rovince line in the UK?

nutty

On another subject the web site says good for 80 washes but also good for the garments lifetime!! What is the actual life expectancy of the treatment on the clothes and can it be replaced? Ive a problem area on my shoot and Im thinking this may be the answer, but they will get worn several times a week, work parties, stalking etc. No point in buying them if they only last say a season.....

Nutty