Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: another US price winge

another US price winge

got another Sinclair mail shot in today and this month they have an offer on Viht powder. They are selling an 8 pound container for around 125 while the same one is 225 here. Worse of all Sinclair will STILL be making a profit at this price

winge over

Accurate,

To point out the inaccuracy in your statement, the price here in the UK is 187.

USA prices do not include sales tax. Now, factor in the annual license cost for an importer for every dfferent powder and munition, works both ways. UK manufacturers have higher import charges into USA as well.

Stan

Supply & demand and economies of scale, many more users in the USA.
    There is always the option of moving to another country if UK prices are too high.
    Easy within the EU or apply for citizenship in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by smullery View Post
    Accurate,

USA prices do not include sales tax. Now, factor in the annual license cost for an importer for every dfferent powder and munition, works both ways. UK manufacturers have higher import charges into USA as well.

Stan
    smullery
    I haven't seen that price in the North East to be fair but even assuming I could get it for your quoted price and assuming a tax of 20% it still does not stack up. In addition it must be a bit further across the Atlantic than the North Sea.
    as an aside does anyone know how export/import licensing charges for ammo and firearms works and relative costs?

virbius

why should I leave my country to get a fair deal. I formerly worked for a global company and fully understand supply and demand. all I wanted was a winge but got flamed for my trouble lol.

Didn't you know ?

One must not complain about Rip off Britian .................................................. .. just smile and bend over to get shafted.

Accurate,

There is a reason why there are so few "Importers" of Firearms and such controlled products.

HMRC operate a tax policy whereby you need an annual licence to commercially import on an item basis. Eg. You need a seperate licence for Privi .243 and another for Privi .308 etc. Add a different brand and you repeat the exercise. I believe that you are looking at 700 ish per licence. This is why your local gunshop can't afford to import themselves.

This goes into general taxation.

My 187 was pointing outbthat you have to remove VAT from UK prices before comparing with USA prices. They only add Federal Tax, State Tax and Municipal Tax at the till.

Stan

Quote Originally Posted by accurate View Post
    all I wanted was a winge but got flamed for my trouble lol.
    No offence meant accurate, just wingeing at the winge.

All things considered, I would still prefer to live here even with the higher prices. And I have lived in the USA in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by smullery View Post
    Accurate,

Stan
    i will take two at that price

Was reading a hunting mag a customer bought back from the US.
    Tikka T3 light stainless 599 USD !

Quote Originally Posted by Grant.N View Post
    Was reading a hunting mag a customer bought back from the US.
    Tikka T3 light stainless 599 USD !
    Thats about what its actually worth!