Thread: boots

boots

any body got musto or durburry boots,are they warm and do they give good ankle support.Got pair of leather lined wellys and my feet are freezing when sat up high seats???

Quote Originally Posted by redstag01 View Post
    any body got musto or durburry boots,are they warm and do they give good ankle support.Got pair of leather lined wellys and my feet are freezing when sat up high seats???
    I have a pair of Dubarry`s.... Was given them as a present, as I could never justify the cost myself, and I have to say that they are just the best boots.... Very light, offer good ( but not great ) ankle support, and with thick socks are very warm in cold weather... I purchased leather lined Chameau wellies, years ago, before the prices got stupid, and I wished I had not bothered, for the reasons you has stated.

The Dubarry`s, are not long distance, rough ground footwear, but will support you over heavy grass, ploughed fields etc... If I was buying boots myself, and needed ankle support, I would go for 10 - 11" lace up leather boots, and wear gaters etc...

Hope this helps.

Neil

I've a pair of Musto Buckden boots & they are pretty warm & give good ankle support, only use them for driven pheasants so cannot say if they would stay warm up the high seat.

Cheers

Chris
    Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

Regular Poster
    My wife's had 2 pairs of Dubarry boots now and she prefers them to her wellies for the warmth. I think the ankle does give ok support for short, lowland walking but, as said above, nothing like lace up boots do. If you do get them I would recomend storing them so the ankle leather does not crinkle - this has happened on her latest pair and they now leak.

Quote Originally Posted by redstag01 View Post
    I suffer from cold feet (poor circulation) and someone said the Chameau neoprene lined boots were good so I bought a pair, now my feet actually sweat would you believe when walking any distance, but never feel cold any more at all.

My wife has a pair of Rydale boots like dubarry but cheaper ,personally I wouldn't be seen dead in a pair especially at a game fair Ect they just don't look right on blokes .
    i have tried a few things of the wife's on lately after she read the 50 shades of grey book but I draw the line at dubarry
    norma

have a look out for sorel boots. made in the USA for all manner of things including hunting. i have a pair for general mukking about in minus 10c. they know how to make things to combat the cold over there. bonus thing is they are really cheap even if you get stung for import tax its agood deal!!

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    My wife has a pair of Rydale boots like dubarry but cheaper ,personally I wouldn't be seen dead in a pair especially at a game fair Ect they just don't look right on blokes .
    i have tried a few things of the wife's on lately after she read the 50 shades of grey book but I draw the line at dubarry
    norma
    Mrs W has just started reading the grey trilogy, is this what I have to look forward to.......oh dear!!