Thread: What's the right answer?

What's the right answer?

Hi, Everybody.

I am confused as to the legal position regarding deer release in Wales. One resource I have says Red, Fallow and Roe and one says no species can be released without permission. Which is right?

Many thanks,

Dom

red, fallow and roe are ok so long as you have local land owner permission and there's no risk to public safety etc. Other stuff like sika no

Disclaimer:
    I think...

Red Roe and Fallow can be released into the Wild without a licence

CWD Muntjac and Sika are subject to licencing and controls as they are listed in Schedule 9 of the Wildlife and Countryside Act

Thanks, chaps. I'm really confused now and have my DSC coming up soon... My manual says red, roe and fallow, but my cd from the company I am studying through says no species without a licence....

I don't want to drop an answer through no fault of my own as I have revised hard!

Many thanks,

Dom

pop and email to the cd providers, just a simple fix. The manual is god...

Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    Thanks, chaps. I'm really confused now and have my DSC coming up soon... My manual says red, roe and fallow, but my cd from the company I am studying through says no species without a licence....

I don't want to drop an answer through no fault of my own as I have revised hard!

Many thanks,

Dom
    Who is the company?

The trouble with these disks is that except from the BDS Ultimate Deer Dat the rest do not have legitimate access to the questions etc and they just copy (ignoring copyright & IPR) the questions etc

I have just done a search It has been pointed out on here before that some of the answers on these CD's are incorrect

deer data

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Lewis View Post
    Who is the company?

The trouble with these disks is that except from the BDS Ultimate Deer Dat the rest do not have legitimate access to the questions etc and they just copy (ignoring copyright & IPR) the questions etc

I have just done a search It has been pointed out on here before that some of the answers on these CD's are incorrect

deer data
    that's unfair, no provider is ripping off copyright, only recently dmq put a notice saying that their stuff can't be copied, prior to that it was fine
    Last edited by Paul at Fechan; 12-08-2012 at 16:16.

Quote Originally Posted by paul at barony View Post
    that's unfair, no provider is ripping off copyright, only recently dmq put a notice saying that their stuff can't be copied, prior to that it was fine
    So could this be an example of the DMQ money making machine in full swing?

It's not quite that simple but certainly the 'man' at the BDS is irritated by some of us, DMQ aren't there as the money machine but BASC and BDS take full advantage of the opportunity to provide and are less that happy about the success of some other providers materials in competition with their 'Ultimate deer data' and 'manual' that is best used as a back up to club dangerous wild animals to death.

club dangerous wild animals to death.

I thought we shot them Paul.