Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Honest opinions

Honest opinions

Hello All,

My youngest Daughter has always shown an interest in shooting and all that goes with it and although she is only 11 she seems to have her head screwed on.

She has shot my air rifle on occasion but only for a bit of fun but the other day my dad decided to have a BBQ and wanted a inter-family air rifle shoot. His team were Dad, my Brother, Sister in law and thier two boys Thomas and Ben. Our team were My wife the 3 children, Hannah, Matt and Kimberley and myself. Pleased to say that we flattened them but the real supprise was my youngest daughter Kimberly who put in the following group.

Attachment 18095

The tape is in mm. and this is 10mt resting, and I think it is a good group. She has always had an interest but if this is anything to go by seems a natural. I am seriously thinking of buying her a rifle for targets. What do you think? Is this average or not?

I know what I think but would like some other honest views. Lastly this is not all she did or has done , but an example of her shooting.

Thanks in advance

Mark
    STALKING. WILD BOAR IN FRANCE. SOLE UK AGENT FOR BACONNES DOMAINE DE CHASSE. TRAINING. DSC 1 COURSES AND DSC 2 WITNESSING. FIRST AID FOR STALKERS.
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
    www.stalkinginengland.co.uk Stalkers online shop at www.deerstalkingequipmentandclothing.co.uk
    www.hunteurope.co.uk or contact 01728 745066 during office hours.

Blimey Kimberly! When i come up next week can i let her do the shooting test for me?

I think the assessor might guess that my little girl is not called Luke.
    STALKING. WILD BOAR IN FRANCE. SOLE UK AGENT FOR BACONNES DOMAINE DE CHASSE. TRAINING. DSC 1 COURSES AND DSC 2 WITNESSING. FIRST AID FOR STALKERS.
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
    www.stalkinginengland.co.uk Stalkers online shop at www.deerstalkingequipmentandclothing.co.uk
    www.hunteurope.co.uk or contact 01728 745066 during office hours.

She deserves a chance with a rifle after that.

Post a picture up of the rifle you buy so we know your not a meanie with the dosh

There were some senior faces with plenty of frowns on when my brothers daughter brought her card in at a BDS event..

We couldnt stop laughing

Terry
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

Account Suspended
    very good
    keep her intrested and shooting as much as you can my 14 year old lad is hooked and i have let him shoot all my roe this season so far, and yes he,s doing the gralloch as well, one happy lad one over the moon dad

...nowt wrong with that!

Line her up on some bunnies.......
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

Excellent shooting,to keep her interested get some knock down targets as well.
    Your a long time dead..GET OUT THERE.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    Excellent shooting,to keep her interested get some knock down targets as well.
    Good idea - you can get a magnetic jobby (ping the outer 4 down, then hit the middle one to reset) for about 20 quid or so.
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

Brilliant, the youth of today should always be encouraged, in a positive way though.

Go for it ........ a youth rifle is always a good idea.