Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: forestry commision

forestry commision

Evening,

I see more stalking on the forestry commsion website of which one part of it is 1.5 mile away and one other bit is 8 mile away from me. I would love to get this as it is land that i have walked the dog on for years and ran about in a child. Although this is part of a larger contract of which the rest of it is 40 Mile away from me and the contract is for about 600 deer! I do hear of stalkers gaining land through the FC that they shoot on recreationally like myself. Do the FC accomodate for stalkers like us or are they mostly looking for contractors? There is really good FC land near me with massive Fallow and Reds etc but is there a realistic chance of a working man like myself ever getting anything off them?

Thoughts would be appreciated.

I think that would depend how much time you could devote to it and your level of experience I would imagine. They wont want stalkers there, they'll want deer controllers. Deer are nothing but a pest in forestry and they need to be killed. From my experience of it anyway.

I find it funny that they're gonna pay someone 58k over three years to kill 600 deer then further down the page, they want someone to pay them 1200 to kill 12! Crazy!

I totally am with you there Shabz. However i will try and find private stalking close by and give the FC a good swerve.

I belive that the FC insist on DSC 1 & 2 to shoot on their land?

fc rules

hi they let u on with level 1 but u have to get level 2 within the year.

Quote Originally Posted by multiman View Post
    I belive that the FC insist on DSC 1 & 2 to shoot on their land?
    Perhaps it's time the FC were reminded that it's not their land but OURS as memebers of the public the FC land is owned by US!

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Perhaps it's time the FC were reminded that it's not their land but OURS as memebers of the public the FC land is owned by US!
    Give it a try Brit, they might let you shoot those flying deer for free
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    Give it a try Brit, they might let you shoot those flying deer for free
    As they are supposedly civil servants same as the lot in Whitehall and Parliment we know how that would go.

However the fact remains it's not their land at all. They are only supposedly looking after it for us the people.

brits spot on with this,we pay to own it in the first place then pay to use it

Quote Originally Posted by wattygun View Post
    hi they let u on with level 1 but u have to get level 2 within the year.
    The deer control the op is about is a contract, where they're paying you. You'd need dsc2 as a minimum.