Thread: swarovski swarrovision 8.5x42 els leica ultravids hds 7x42 zeiss victory fls 7x42

swarovski swarrovision 8.5x42 els leica ultravids hds 7x42 zeiss victory fls 7x42

Whats your thoughts on these binos I have the choice of the following bins lucky me I hear you say the swarovision els 8.5x42,the leica ultravid hds 7x42s, or the zeiss victory 7x42fl whats your choice and why ?
    Last edited by dlz90; 19-08-2012 at 10:27.

Khales for me spent the rest on a 6.5 ,they are worth a look pardon the pun

swarovski for me, even if only for the back up service

Quote Originally Posted by the scudd View Post
    swarovski for me,...
    I have no Leica experience, however the eye cups of my Zeiss Victory binocs broke. I wish I had had the money or the sense to buy the Swarovski binoc years ago. Regards JCS

If your Zeiss Victory eyecups broke did you contact Zeiss to get replacements ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Whippy View Post
    If your Zeiss Victory eyecups broke did you contact Zeiss to get replacements ?
    Yes, twice. Then I traded them in for the Swarovskis. I have been going through a patch of breaking things recently, but I do try and take care of my kit. Regards JCS

Swarovski EL 32s swarovision for me but I would take a peek through the new Zeiss Victory HTs

I have just gone through the same process mate. Went and had a look through the Swarovski el, Zeiss victory FL and Leica ultravids. I found the Swarovski to be very comfortable on the eye but the Leica to be the brightest. The Zeiss victory FL was a bit disappointing - but I am told that they are replacing it with the new FL HD. But then I looked through the new Zeiss conquest HD binos in the same 8x42 and found very little difference at low light. To be very honest, the Swarovski probably gives you an extra 5-10 mins at very low light in comparison to the Conquest but I did not consider that worth the extra 1000! But, I guess that is just my take on things. I have bought the Zeiss conquest HD and they are brilliant. Go and try them all out, thats the only way you can convince yourself. I put a full deposit at my local shop to take all the binos home with an agreement to return them if I was not satisfied with them.

Swarovski's for me too. I tried the Zeiss and the Swaro side by side and the Swarovski edged it in colour and sharpness . There is also the legendary Swarovski after sales service which is also a big factor.

Agree with Derstalker, only way is to get all three and try at same time to see which suit you the best. I did this with my Geovids/Zeiss victories and the Sportsman at Exeter were very accomadating as I walked out with 3k of bins for 10 days. Choose the Leicas as they felt more ergonomic than the Zeiss. optically nothing in it as far as my eyes are concerned.

If you can't do this then concencuss on this forum is that Swarvs would be the obvious choice, also will keep their value, so win:win.

D