Thread: Rattling up deer

Rattling up deer

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone has ever tried rattling up deer in the UK as is very popular in the states. Now the roe rut is on I am going to give it a try this weekend using a pair of whitetail horns that I have lying around.
    I will report back.
    Martin

Only on Fallow. It worked a treat, but you need to be near the rutting stand.

I've done it in Canada while over there. Was interesting to do much the same as calling them here. You do it. And wait. Nothing nothing nothing. Then bingo a buck appears.
    If it works good for you. Just don't rattle too much.
    Cheers Andrew

Roe being territorial would i am sure react to most noises in there territory. But why use white tail deer antlers if it were me i would use roe deer also seen a video of a chap who had to buck out lines on a pigeon magnet that worked also.
    Better in my opinion just to go out and stalk them

Ta for the feedback, just that I have no idea if it will work on roe or not but as the hunt area is located around my house theres nothing really lost on travelling hotels etc.
    Martin

A couple of dry hazel sticks will also do the trick for Roe.
    The important thing is they must be very dry to get the correct rattle.

Well tried it out on Fri & Sat but as every field has been harvested here now and the woods are also being picked clean of wood by the little landowners because of the fuel oil prices = lots of disturbance about. it seems all the deer have gone to ground so I have had no response to the rattling yet.
    Martin