Thread: Rutting this morning

Rutting this morning

We got baled last night so good to go for this morning, when i got up visability was nill so i had second thoughts about going out.
    Anyway i did and as soon as the sun appeared things got better , i could hear barking in the wood behind me and it kept getting louder so i thought there was a good chance something might present itself.
    About 20 mins had passed and everything had gone quiet, i was trying to attract the deer in the wood with the buttalo to no avail and at one pont thought that i had over cooked it then i heard cracking of twigs behind me.
    5 mins later the buck which i had not seen before appeard 20yds behind me, impossible for a shot due to loads of cover and branches between us.
    I dearn't call move or breathe as he had to pass me to get a clean shot, seemed like an age before he moved i reccon he could smell my sticks at the bottom of the tower.
    He decided to proceed and i waited untill i got a good broad side as i wanted the cape. i was unsure about using the ultra mag so close which i had took out for spikers so i let him get out to around 100yds flicked the safety off and squeezed.
    The buck never knew what hit him, but the exit was harsh as it had clipped the other shoulder and there was middling of damage.
    He has a nice tall even looking head, also with a bit of span that is rare with the bucks i shoot around here.

Well done Bob thats a **** load of bucks off a wee bit our rut is just comming on top and we are now seeing real action very late for our area.

Aye this season its a bit of a "if carsberg did " ground thanks davie DF

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    Well done Bob thats a **** load of bucks off a wee bit our rut is just comming on top and we are now seeing real action very late for our area.
    Sounds like I was a few days too early. Typical!

Andy yes mate they are moving now looks like the does for you mate ps you been in touch with the cops yet.

Out this morning, beautiful morning, not a breath of wind and the buttalo was grtting them moving perfectly, midges that is! The little buggers were brutal this morning. Glen and I looked like a couple of trapped butterflies in our nets

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    Andy yes mate they are moving now looks like the does for you mate ps you been in touch with the cops yet.
    Not yet. Left a message with Mike re. Best Practice event though. Did you get your sticks?!

Not yet there still at the old farm had to use a single stick but it was ok.