Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SACS July 2012 newsletter

SACS July 2012 newsletter

Just returned from a couple of days fishing to find my July newsletter from SACS has arrived.

I think the front page article from the director Ian Clark sums up the reasons for the recent "BASC bashing" posts perfectly.

I am looking forward to attending their AGM at the end of the month.

David

David i think i will also go not been before but it is about time we stalkers became accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by david1976 View Post
    Just returned from a couple of days fishing to find my July newsletter from SACS has arrived.

I think the front page article from the director Ian Clark sums up the reasons for the recent "BASC bashing" posts perfectly.

I am looking forward to attending their AGM at the end of the month.

David
    I am fed up of BASC bashing threads. For every disgruntled shooter who posts against BASC there are numerous others who post in support and appreciation of a lot of what they do. It is not a one way "everyone hates BASC" street as you seem to imply. Many people on here are BASC members and volunteers.

In the abscence of the newsletter you mention this thread is fairly pointless for the majority as there's no way for none SACS Members to appreciate the point that is being made, other than it appears to be broadly pro SACS and anti BASC.

I appreciate that everyone is entitled to join whichever shooting organisation they wish and I appreciate much of what SACS is trying to achieve. However, I suggest it would be better for shooting in general if those who don't like BASC (and don't pay to be members) would vote with their feet and leave it at that. Constant sniping at BASC does no shooter any good.

Cheers,

Bob.
    Last edited by Dovebob; 09-08-2012 at 17:15.

fair point but if I stop using a particular bullet because it let me and other people I know down, my thoughts on the matter would be clear and well voiced for the information of others. We all want the brand that perform as expected when needed and at the right price. Got to be honest it was a person at BASC and not the organisation overall that encouraged me to change.

If somebody from admin will clarify if im allowed to, I will scan the page and post to the forum for everyone to read.

Whether you are a member of basc, SACS, SGA or any other shooting organisation you will appreciate what the gentleman says and I am sure agree with what he and his organisation says.

can we have an update on the tick did it survive for long ????????

Quote Originally Posted by david1976 View Post
    If somebody from admin will clarify if im allowed to, I will scan the page and post to the forum for everyone to read.

Whether you are a member of basc, SACS, SGA or any other shooting organisation you will appreciate what the gentleman says and I am sure agree with what he and his organisation says.
    I think we had better leave this one. For those that are members of SACS they will get to read it anyway, and for those that are members of BASC....... well I am sure BASC will respond to it. However site Admin must remain neutral in these matters and leave it up to the membership of each organisation to make their minds up.

If members of this site wish to express their views about any organisation and their disatisfaction we have no issue with this providing it does not break the site rules or become a witch hunt with name calling and defaming a persons character.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

No problem ill say no more about it, I thought that may be the case which is why I didn't scan it and post it.

I just mentioned it because I thought it was quite pertinent to a number of points raised recently on the forum.

I'm looking forward to the BASC response

i thought it was a fair balanced piece by ian , mearly pointing out facts , i didnt see it as point scoring

I'm just looking forward to the day when someone tells us what SACS actually does for the UK sportsman, apart from offer cheap insurance as its chief (only?) recruiting tool.

I will take a lot of convincing that it is little more than a 'laptop in the spare bedroom' organisation.

I read of campaigning and general good works from other small organistaions, such as the SGA and NGO, but absolutely nothing of the SACS, apart from the above mentioned cheap insurance, and on that I am great believer in you get what you pay for.