Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Camouflage gear- can they see you

Camouflage gear- can they see you

I see lots of photos of stalkers wearing camo gear and some wearing just olive green. With the amount of camo gear available in all sorts of styles does it work better than olive green? Also I see stalkers without gloves or face veils but head to toe in 'mossy oak' gear. Any thoughts on what is best?

My personal take on the cammo graze is that it's there to empty the pockets and wallets of the shooter. As deer and animals don;t see the same way we do ............................................ well it's up to you to make up your own mind.

I have a pair of Derrhunter real tree trousers only because they did not have any plain green and I needed them for their water resistance and warmth and there was not time to get some plain green ones in before my trip..

I have had a word with suee my wife, she is starting to take an interest in the filming side of the bussiness. When my rut bookings subside and i have a spare outing she is going to accompany me on an outing or 2 and I am going to try calling in a deer wearing my blaze orange kit. To see if on film we can prove a point.
    Plain green for me now, if you see me in camo its old clothing I still have and the meterial weight suits the climate.
    It will be replaced eventually with just green.
    I'll save it for the pigeons then.

Just bought the nomad breeks and quad rider in tweed for hinds on the hill. It all helps. However, I have seen some stuff by Outfoxed which is supposed to mask your scent. One vid I saw was two guys stalking with the wind against them. Not sure if I would like to tip the odds to much in my favour (apart from the high powered rifle, scope, dog..trail cams....)

Coach. Thanks for the link the information and photos are very interesting. Moonstone

North Eastern Victoria Australia Mitta Mitta Sambar country.
    Deer Dog Available
    Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    My personal take on the cammo graze is that it's there to empty the pockets and wallets of the shooter. As deer and animals don;t see the same way we do ............................................ well it's up to you to make up your own mind.
    Ah grasshopper there is much for you to learn!

A couple of pics of some camo that we use in rotten weather, taken of a mate wearing it and not posed,i just snapped the pics as i came up the hill to him where he had been covering a good game trail used by sambar.

When I do my photography I usually wear a leaf suit and not even a Peregrine can make you out when sitting still amongst appropriate cover.

I know from personal experience that it is of course not essential to a good hunter at all, but by phhuck the wearers chances are increased incredibly especially with one of the worlds wariest deer species looking right at you.

First pic from very close then the next taken from the game trail where the deer walk by,can ye see the difference from where the deer would be looking?

I have never done any camo tests for the human eye as its the deer I set out deceive and boy at times I get in close or on the other hand they come in close to me.

Not every camo is good of course,some pattern/colour combo`s are just sheer *****!

I think his cammo is a bit dark - put him in MTP on that ground and he would just vanish.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/

in my opinion animals like deer are attuned to movement more than anything else, especially those that inhabit wide ranging habitat like a highland hill

sure a skylined human figure will see everything run. but I have been in full view of roe and red,( not to mention fox and rabbit) without the associated movement if they havent seen you move already then they will often carry on their business regardless.

camouflage is designed by humans to looks goo and blend in to what we see, but.....what looks invisible to us is not invisible to them.

I dont do camouflage as a matter of principle personally