Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: any architects on here ? need advice urgently

any architects on here ? need advice urgently

hi guys , as you know we are trying to build a bedroom and wetroom for my disabled daughter, we paid to have drawings done last april ,
    the guys supplied us with one drawing of the house as it is and one drawing of the proposed add on

we are now nearly ready to ask builders for quotes to do the work, but ive only one copy, ive called the guy who did the originals but he has either went bust or is avoiding me as for the last 3 weeks he wont return calls

anybody any idea how i can reproduce the drawings? ive been everywhere from the local printers to the library, nobody seems to be able to copy it (its 60 cm x 80 cm )

ive been told builders prefere it on email , but again no one has a scanner big enough

HELP
    Last edited by Scots_stalker; 09-08-2012 at 18:12.

Brian,

You should also find that no copier should "copy" if it has the Architects details on it. It's copyright.

Stan

Quote Originally Posted by smullery View Post
    brian,

you should also find that no copier should "copy" if it has the architects details on it. It's copyright.

Stan

feck ,,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Quote Originally Posted by smullery View Post
    Brian,

You should also find that no copier should "copy" if it has the Architects details on it. It's copyright.

Stan
    Rubbish stan the drawings are the property of the client he has paid for them .
    in many cases far to much ,some architects think its a licence to print money until there a problem with the build .

Don't you or any of your mates know a printer that could scan them for you??

Quote Originally Posted by widows son View Post
    in many cases far to much ,some architects think its a licence to print money until there a problem with the build .
    youve paid and your entitled to make any number of copies you wish.pm sent

Quote Originally Posted by widows son View Post
    Having dealt with a similar case in the past I can tell you that copyright is exactly that and to re copy most things without the consent of the copyright holder is illegal as far as I am aware, although this may be different in the case of drawings paid for or the law has changed, as this was about 4 years back.

However if the guy is not about and has gone bust, I would use your discretion as you have an original
    Last edited by sikamalc; 09-08-2012 at 19:03.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Widows Son,

The plans do not show ownership of them, only the copyright of the Architect.

Now, the OP can go through the relevant profesional body to get what is his paid due, but for a copier to copy is not legal.

Stan

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    Having dealt with a similar case in the past I can tell you that copyright is exactly that and to re copy most things without the consent of the copyright holder is illegal as far as I am aware, although this may be different in the case of drawings paid for or the law has changed, as this was about 4 years back.

However if the guy is not about and has gone bust, I would use your discretion as you have an original
    You can make copies providing their incidental to their original purpose and if the architect could have been expected to know that it was likely that you would want/need to.

You don't become copyright owner by paying, but you do get a licence to use the drawings for the purpose agreed with the architect.

As sending copies of plans to builders for quotes is par for the course, there isn't an issue here.

What you couldn't do is sell/give/use them for doing another conversion/building.

This is my job, so I know my stuff on this.