The stalking directory site:

Tommo

The site constantly freezes on me (using firefox) and i end up either shutting down the tab, 'going back' to the previous page and trying to reload again.

I dont think i'm alone - there are loads of duplicate posts from people having the same prob, then resending posts.

Is there anything that can be done Mods?

Tom

There has been a problem of late which JAYB has been trying to sort.
One of the double posts can be deleted when it does happen and if the "cannot find webpage" (or whatever it says) you can refresh or go backwards.
The bit that pees me off is having to keep putting my user name and password into the system.
basil.

basil said:
The bit that pees me off is having to keep putting my user name and password into the system.
basil.
... and that when you do that, you can no longer click on the "view posts since last visit" bit so can never be sure what you have missed.

Gez

Guys,

we have been on to the host of the site several times. It seems they are full of S/// as they are telling us its running ok :rolleyes:

I have just been on the phone to Mark our IT Gurru and asked him to kick their arse into gear, as I am also fed up with the site being so slow. Hopefully we will get a result from them. Otherwise we will consider moving the site, but that is a MASSIVE job.

Thanks for everyones patience

Sikamalc

admin said:
Guys,

we have been on to the host of the site several times. It seems they are full of S/// as they are telling us its running ok :rolleyes:

I have just been on the phone to Mark our IT Gurru and asked him to kick their arse into gear, as I am also fed up with the site being so slow. Hopefully we will get a result from them. Otherwise we will consider moving the site, but that is a MASSIVE job.

Thanks for everyones patience

Sikamalc
admin, no critisism intended, just making you aware of what's happening. Cheers, Pete.

It may be alright for some of you out there in computer land , but if you a dumb s--t like me i have to call my son to help me every time it goes titts up its making me look a complete tosser at times . I understand it takes time to sort out things but i am getting ridiculed on a daily basis at the moment PLEASE make sooner than later CHEERS MUDDY

It may be alright for some of you out there in computer land , but if you a dumb s--t like me i have to call my son to help me every time it goes titts up its making me look a complete tosser at times . I understand it takes time to sort out things but i am getting ridiculed on a daily basis at the moment PLEASE make sooner than later CHEERS MUDDY

I HAVE JUST LOOKED AT THE AREAS WERE THE SIE COULD BE STREAM LINED AND STILL BE THE SAME QUALITY

areas need doubled up
eg
There is a category for rile and calibre review and then a separate one for rifle care there is then one for zeroing targets Ballistics and technical etc can these not be put together

December competition winner an there is competition they could go together

Big game safaris three time surly they could go together.

There are also hundreds of members that have joined in 2006-7 and have not been active since these are not ones that have a look every now and they they are dead and will take up lots of space also removing very old posts from archive will all help .
The site will i am sure run smooth if all that space is freed up. ;)

I am one of the luck majority who have broadband, & loading pages on here is still as slow as a week in the jail.
Is there any progress on sorting this problem?

Back