Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rivers West Clothing

Rivers West Clothing

Chaps

This is a heads up on rivers west smock and ranger trousers I bought last week for the costly sum of 260. Well I went rabbiting monday night and got absolutely soaked!! It didnt rain in fact a nice warm evening. When I took the kit off I was sodden. VERY DISAPPOINTED Had to turn inside out to let it dry off. These magazines have a lot to answer for... Rant over..go on someone tell me its the best theyve ever bought

ATB Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SussexFallow View Post
    Chaps

This is a heads up on rivers west smock and ranger trousers I bought last week for the costly sum of 260. Well I went rabbiting monday night and got absolutely soaked!! It didnt rain in fact a nice warm evening. When I took the kit off I was sodden. VERY DISAPPOINTED Had to turn inside out to let it dry off. These magazines have a lot to answer for... Rant over..go on someone tell me its the best theyve ever bought

ATB Steve
    So you sweated a lot?
    You may find it works better in winter with a proper layering. Most of this kit isn't intended for conditions above 5c.

P.S. I don't own Rivers stuff, have a mix of Jahti, Seeland, Harkilla and Laksen. Most would be a bit toasty and sweaty this time of year.
    Last edited by Milligan; 10-08-2012 at 18:25.

My River West trousers leaked on the right knee second time out

Wouldn't buy them again.

ATB

Tahr

Must admit I havent used my Rivers West trousers much but I did belly crawl into a group of reds through all sorts of wetness the other week and stayed dry. I would speak to the dealer as that pair dont sound to do what it says on the tin!!

Quote Originally Posted by SussexFallow View Post
    Chaps

ATB Steve
    Sorry Sussex I dont think you did your research. Rivers West gear is not designed for highly active stalking. It is cracking in the winter rain but it is not summer stalking gear. What thickness of the material did you buy?

sweat trap clothing!

I've got the Ranger jacket, first time used was on a hill stalk with a couple of layers and a roe sack. When I got back to the car and stripped off it was dripping wet inside the back. I removed a layer for the next time and used the pit zips and it was a bit better. I use it reguarly with just a shirt up here in Aberdeenshire on cool evenings and no problems. I'm glad I only paid 100 for near mint secondhand on bay and not full price though.
    I think I will be investing soon in some serious Gore-tex or simliar that is properly breathable - I've got some fantastic Berghaus and Rab stuff for mountian use, trouble is its bright red & blue and you can hear me coming for miles!

I cannot believe I am the only stalker to just use a Buffalo special six. Nowt underneath it, nowt over the top, good down to minus ten and toasty when wet...best clothing ever.

River west is definatily river sweat soon loads of people with this problem, Buffalo special six great jackets last for ages