Thread: s&b 8x56 hungarian or swarovski 8x50 or 8x56

s&b 8x56 hungarian or swarovski 8x50 or 8x56

just picked up a nice swarovski 8x56 for 400,

so now with the change im looking for another 8x56 for another rifle i have in the plans.

s&b H

swaro 8x50

swaro 8x56

what you got lads.

thank you,

bob.

To give you an idea of whats out there i've just paid 300 for a mint 8x56 S&B Hung,

But you have to search and it took a lot of searching!

Tom

cheers tom,

i have been offered one for a tad more, but not being lucky enough to sell on my rather nice MTC mamba 3/12x44IR. it will be even harder to find now I'm a tad low in the funds area.

i got a 8x56 swarovski habicht and its the dogs kahuna's.

bob.

I ended up trawling through threads on other sites looking for people selling kits and offering them prices for splitting - got there eventrually!

Heard those Swar's were good at low light, my S&B is second to none!

Tom

swaro habicht 8x56 kurtz

Tommo,

i was out bunny bashing last night so took the .243 to zero it in and boy is it nice,

but here's the best thing, as i was done zeroing the .243 i was being watched by a dog fox from about 230 yards away, so i got back into the little vitara and pressed play on the ipod and the destress call started, in he came, just 5 yards more and he was on my land,

ZIP ************** and sleep took him in low light at about 179 yards (leica range firnder ) not a head shot but in the engine room,

very happy with it.

now to find another one.

PS KURTZ is swarovski talk for short.

bob.

swaro habicht 8x56 kurtz

Tommo,

i was out bunny bashing last night so took the .243 to zero it in and boy is it nice,

but here's the best thing, as i was done zeroing the .243 i was being watched by a dog fox from about 230 yards away, so i got back into the little vitara and pressed play on the ipod and the destress call started, in he came, just 5 yards more and he was on my land,

ZIP ************** and sleep took him in low light at about 179 yards (leica range firnder ) not a head shot but in the engine room,

very happy with it.

now to find another one.

bob.

swaro habicht 8x56 kurtz

Tommo,

very happy with it.

now to find another one.

bob.

I see the forum stuck on you! ha ha does it to me all the time!

I went and zero'd the .308 with my new 8 x 56 S&B on Sunday morning, boy, having taken off the 6 x 42 i really didn't know what to expect over 100yards, but i have to say the large mag makes all the difference.

Only problem is, is that Federal seem to be in short supply around here (North Bucks) and as i'm a lazy sod i refuse to travell to far for it! Only had 10 shots but that was enough, last three shots throught the A bolt went for 3/4 in. group.

My 6 x 42's in Germay at the min being refurbished by S & B - it started to loose its focus and one of the turrets stopped working, so when that comes back that'll go on the .223 (which has a stupid AGS scope on it) and l'll be sorted & it will give me the confidence to use it above 100yards!

Tom

thank you eMcC of the board.

picked up my nice scope from him,

top fella

top glass

and very very help full.

thank you eddy,

bob.