Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: D & C Firearms

D & C Firearms

Hats off to Devon and Cornwall, my 243 variation came back in 3 weeks, (first centrefire). It is open as I requested but does include the condition that I can only use it with an experienced centrefire user which is not a big problem. Does anyone know how long that condition has to remain?

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul LCB View Post
    Hats off to Devon and Cornwall, my 243 variation came back in 3 weeks, (first centrefire). It is open as I requested but does include the condition that I can only use it with an experienced centrefire user which is not a big problem. Does anyone know how long that condition has to remain?

Paul
    The best person to ask will be your FEO but I would think it would be when the "experienced CF user" writes a letter to D&C stating that you are ready to go "solo".
    You're very fortunate to have turned round your variation so quickly. I applied for my renewals(co-terminous) at the end of March, arrived this week (2months overdue!!)
    Cheers, Pete.
    Last edited by downwind; 12-08-2012 at 08:13.

Its automatically taken off after 6 months!

Thanks Gents, I can live with it for 6 months. My 14 year old son's co-terminus grant only took 6 weeks, he received it 2 weeks ago. I would have thought that they would prioritise renewals - not complaining though!

Cheers

Paul

P.S. Whereabouts are you Pete?

Don't count on it being taken off automatically, I know there is a great deal of variation between forces, but I would guess they want some sort of assurance that you are now safe and component to be out unsupervised, otherwise you could not go out or fire a shot and have your restriction lifted. You would then have to apply to have the restriction / conditions removed. Good luck Wingy

Quote Originally Posted by Paul LCB View Post
    My 14 year old son's co-terminus grant only took 6 weeks, he received it 2 weeks ago. I would have thought that they would prioritise renewals - not complaining though!

Cheers

Paul

P.S. Whereabouts are you Pete?
    Amazing how it varies!!
    I'm about as far North in the county as you can get(without getting your feet wet)
    Cheers, Pete.

Certainly for those I have mentored in D&C the police have required a letter from me before taking off the mentoring condition.

I rang D&C about mine a year after i had had my licence they said it automatically comes off after 6 months there was nothing mentioned on my cert about the condition though!

I guess that there is no strict policy and firearms will, as ever, consider each application on merit. I'll get some rounds on my ticket, give it 6 months and with a letter from my mate ask them to remove it.

Thanks for all the advice, much appreciated.

Paul

P.S. Anyone using a Howa 1500 sporter, I'm thinking of getting one at the end of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by wikedwickedmotox View Post
    I rang D&C about mine a year after i had had my licence they said it automatically comes off after 6 months there was nothing mentioned on my cert about the condition though!
    That must be a new or one-off thing, as I've also heard them say that it only comes off automatically at the first renewal (i.e. 5 years).