Roof Mounted Lamp

User00004

Has anyone got any good or bad reviews about them? What makes to go for, what to avoid?

Thanks in advance

TJ

I use a 170 that I used to have mounted (hole drilled in the roof) of my vitara worked well. If you are lamping singlehanded then have a gun mount too as it is difficult to keep quarry in beam and hold rifle simultaneously. I now have the same lamp mounted on a wooden board that fits into the sun roof of my 4runner, ok until it rains then I get wet.
Never tried the remote ones but have been told they are not as precise as the hand operated lightforce but cant confirm as never compared.

the first roto lights were crap not sure about the new ones.light force are good.

i use a old army remote light all metel very fast, gearing is very strong and cost me £20 you can pick them up for most of the landrover sortouts.

004.jpg

i have had a light force on my disco and now have a hella on my hilux, of the two i would opt for the hella every time, it is also alot neater job ,but one slight criticism is that the beam isnt quete as good as the lightforce,hope this helps,arron.

Back