Thread: lowther show

lowther show

was at lowther show yesterday,bit dissapointing i was expecting a lot more there due to the ammount of cancelled shows this year ,the kids enjoyed it though and it didnt rain!!!
    only when the last tree has been felled,the last fish caught and the last river poisoned will man realise he cant eat money

Lots of traders stayed away this time due to very poor takings last year.

We were disappointed too. Struggled to fill 2 hours! Spent more time driving to and from than actually in the showground. Was surprised like you that there wasnt more to buy

Lots and lots of clothing retailers, but unless I missed something there wasn't one gun shop there. I enjoyed watching the dogs working and some of the stuff in the main arena was good. Most notably the lurcher lure racing where the saluki cross decided to leave the arena and head for home! Now that's an intelligent dog.

As usual over priced food and drink, buit that's all part of the experience. I thought it was a nice day out but I would like to see it improve over the coming years, I think this was only it's second year. See what next year brings.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottC View Post
    Lots and lots of clothing retailers, but unless I missed something there wasn't one gun shop there.
    You missed something...

Mate that went said he saw lots of guns for sale

Better than me though - totally forgot it was on !!

I went yesterday I saw a Blazer r8 on one of the gun stands for 1450 but the bolt was on the wrong side!! I should of bought it any way me thinks ohh bugger....

Bob