Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: flea treatment what you paying?

  1. #1

    flea treatment what you paying?

    My dogs picked up a few fleas and tick this summer.
    I have used frontline Spot On in the past but now thinking that nearly 30 for 6 pippets, 10 - 20kg dog is a joke.
    Maybe that's the going rate but I'm interested to hear what you guys use particularly those with loads of dogs.

  2. #2
    If you are using it every 2 months (assuming the dog not allergic etc) the that is a full years supply for a medium sized dog. That is 58p per week to prevent your dog suffering with fleas. Is that really so bad? In the 'running costs' of a dog it is peanuts.

    Don't scrimp on the cheaper, less effective, over the counter products. They are not as good.

    (my suggestion is to spend a little more and use the Frontline Combo that for an extra ~fiver a year also protects the environment).

    Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

  3. #3
    When you put it like that doesn't sound too bad hey.
    Just when you see how many ML you get for 30 it makes me cringe.

  4. #4
    Try a local pharmacy, some have frontline for sale at half the cost of the vet!

    Quote Originally Posted by trucraft View Post
    My dogs picked up a few fleas and tick this summer.
    I have used frontline Spot On in the past but now thinking that nearly 30 for 6 pippets, 10 - 20kg dog is a joke.
    Maybe that's the going rate but I'm interested to hear what you guys use particularly those with loads of dogs.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    If you are using it every 2 months (assuming the dog not allergic etc) the that is a full years supply for a medium sized dog. That is 58p per week to prevent your dog suffering with fleas. Is that really so bad? In the 'running costs' of a dog it is peanuts.

    Don't scrimp on the cheaper, less effective, over the counter products. They are not as good.

    (my suggestion is to spend a little more and use the Frontline Combo that for an extra ~fiver a year also protects the environment).
    Good post

  6. #6
    Do a search for frontline online i had some delivered for half the price of my vet. also a product of similar price to frontline called stronghold kills ticks aswell according to my vet.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholiath View Post
    Do a search for frontline online i had some delivered for half the price of my vet. also a product of similar price to frontline called stronghold kills ticks aswell according to my vet.
    Your vet is wrong. Stronghold kills fleas, roundworm, mange and ear mites but not ticks. Frontline does ticks.

    Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Your vet is wrong. Stronghold kills fleas, roundworm, mange and ear mites but not ticks. Frontline does ticks.
    Cool. cheers. i tend to alternate between the two anyway.

Similar Threads

  1. *SOLD* Swarovski EL 10x42's on the flea for those looking
    By Eric the Red in forum Optics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-09-2014, 09:38
  2. boar shooting on flea bay
    By NEL243 in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 26-05-2012, 18:10
  3. For Sale Frontline Flea/Tick treatment
    By hogey in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 14-08-2011, 14:50
  4. Leather Treatment
    By deerhungry in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-01-2011, 20:31
  5. anti flea treatments
    By buckup in forum Vets Corner
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-08-2008, 12:50

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •