Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fedral Power Shock SP

Fedral Power Shock SP

Hi All

I am trying to find a supplier of Fed 100g Power Shock spas in the West Berks, South Ox or Wilts area. Basically close to Newbury to travel. Any one know someone with stock?

Cheers

Chris is that the blue box and how many are you looking for

Brough

Try Tony Manvell at Wiltshire Rod & Gun in Swindon - 01793 497455. He got several boxes in for me at short notice a couple of weeks ago.

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    The Dealer in Salisbury used to stock them...

Can't remember their name at this moment. Not too far to travel.

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tartinjock View Post
    The Dealer in Salisbury used to stock them...

Can't remember their name at this moment. Not too far to travel.

TJ
    Greenfields?

BTW, I thought I'd heard this ammo was discontinued - being replaced by 'Fusion'.......
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    BTW, I thought I'd heard this ammo was discontinued - being replaced by 'Fusion'.......
    I hope not - both my 6.5x55's have liked it. It's still shown on Federal's website. There have been problems getting a reliable supply of centre fire ammuntion from the USA due to the high demand from its military.

Get mine from the Sportsman Gun Centre ( Newport ) , should have them in there other stores....

Steve........

Try Simon at Reeves/ Royal Berks shooting school 07768360320 They are between Reading and Newbury

Quote Originally Posted by Moonraker68 View Post
    I hope not - both my 6.5x55's have liked it. It's still shown on Federal's website. There have been problems getting a reliable supply of centre fire ammuntion from the USA due to the high demand from its military.
    So do I, my 270 likes this ammo!!!

Cheers for the heads up!!

Ross

Fusion is a different bullet to Power Shok - with stated differences in performance on game. In Federal's mind the two lines are separate.

Bread and butter Power Shok are one of our preferred rounds and the single biggest seller of the ammunition we deal with - so a bit perturbed to see EtR's post! Just off the phone with GMK ( yes - I know it's GMK, but I believe them this time ), who kindly checked with their Federal contact and called me back -

Federal state they have no intention of discontinuing the Power Shok line at this time. Fusion and Power Shok are distinct brands for them.

As a side note - GMK confirmed most all the dealers suggested previously have or can get hold of Federal ammo within a day or so. I'm assuming it is the 100gr 243 rounds - GMK have them in ready to go. Only dealer issue maybe postage for one off order or that GMK only supply by the whole case - 200 rnds for most Federal cals. Not really convenient for original poster, but we've got 140 on the shelf.

Ammo supply generally can be a headache for RFDs. Most stuff coming from the States has to go through many export hoops and demand there is still huge - so it can be a bit stop/start. On the flip side you have Sako - who only load in batches, so if central stock runs down, it can be quite a wait. So end up with feast & famine - which drives everyone up the wall.

hope that helps.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017