Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We must be mad

We must be mad

Hi All
    My better half has always thought I was stupid and now I'm starting to think she might be right

Saturday morning was my only morning off in 4 weeks and what did I do???? get up at 3.00am and go stalking

I got to the first field and spotted a young buck and knowing I said I would shoot one for Morenas request for head and legs on here I gave him a call and he came running down the field and I shot him about forty yards.

I dropped down to the next field to where I had previously seen my intended target (the origanal reason for the outing) a very high and heavy buck. I sat against a tree and started to call but only had another young buck come in which I left alone I did take a photo but it came out rubbish and I only got a red blur.

I moved to another field the other side of the wood which felt perfect, out of the wind, sunny and long mowing grass great. I spotted two does and a fawn but now buck so Ihad a call but nothing doing. I was about to leave when I spotted a fawn on its own the other side of the field so thinking to my self I guess mum is with a buck I relocated to the other side of the field not far from the fawn and had another call, I imediatley had a response a buck jumped to his feet out of the grass and took a few strides toward me and stood broadside. The rifle was already on the sticks and I looked at him through the scope and decided he wasnt my intended victim so I had just about decided to leave him when I spotted the extra tine which was a bit different so that so thought bugger it and shot him

In another field I spotted a nice 6 point buck chasing a doe I went aroound the field to get in the position I wanted and had a call the doe came but the buck had returned to the wood and didnt want to play.

Never mind a nice morning and two in the bag.

Cracking buck that wayne, nice one

Look and sounds like a good morning out.

Excellent pics.

your a hero, make the days count

hi wayne..cracking buck and nice pic's,
    will get in touch with u soon,if u are still up for a trip to ireland after the sika....
    cheers mark..

well done wayne, catch up again soon im in devon atm.

Well done mate and i agree I always thought you were as mad as a hatter.
    see you soon i hope,
    regards john

Well done Wayne, you have to be a bit mad to stalk

Quote Originally Posted by marksika270 View Post
    will get in touch with u soon,if u are still up for a trip to ireland after the sika....
    cheers mark..

Hi Mark
    Look foward to it mate maybe we can go to Germany the same time so em how its done

Quote Originally Posted by marksika270 View Post
    cheers mark..
    Hi Mark
    Look foward to it mate maybe we can go to Germany the same time so em how its done