Thread: Lowther game fair. I wasnt worth it

Lowther game fair. I wasnt worth it

Iam just back from Lowther game fair and it wasnt that great. Good for dog stuff but nothing in the way of deer stalking. There was 1 stand that sold rifles and shotguns and that was about it. I thought it would be better than that. 15 to get in and a journey from central Scotland. I wont moan about Scone again lol cheers Hootsman

It used to be a great fair but as usual countryman fair's have put there useless touch to it , what more could you expect from Ian Harford and his crew.
    Galloway Deer Stalking

There was more food stands than anything else Mark 1. I had heard of other people it used to be good aswell. There was no BASC or BDS stand, I thought they were at everything. Good weather though. It was a big advert for Team Wild aswell lol cheers Hootsman

Quote Originally Posted by Hootsman View Post
    There was more food stands than anything else Mark 1. I had heard of other people it used to be good aswell. There was no BASC or BDS stand, I thought they were at everything. Good weather though. It was a big advert for Team Wild aswell lol cheers Hootsman
    bit like the galloway country fair....you won't go hungry.......thats why i wont go back........

The food stands are not great aswell. 4 burgers and two juices 19. There were no cash machines lol. It was laughable at best cheers Hootsman

I thought it was ok but not @ 15!

Munjack trading were there.

Monarch were there who sponsor us - I bought a nice little knife for gutting bunnies.

Bought a folding gambrel from Galloway trading. There was stalkign stuff there, but only one spot had any guns.

Ended up with a splitting headache so didn't shoot, but I hear good things about the clay line.

Not rushing back next year (live a good hour away)

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Yup
    A few dogmen I know were there and said it was ****.
    any in the know went to the EDRD instead. I`ve heard nowt but bad things about the crowd running some of these shows lately.

Sounds like it was as good as last year eccept for the weather, glad I didn't go

Many thanks to all who bought products from us - it was good to put a few faces to the names on here

The venue has got potential to be a good fair - agree with the above comment that it would have been nice to see BASC/BDS there...

Br

Rob
    www.monarchcountryproducts.co.uk for quality stalking & shooting accessories

There generally seem to be more commercial stalls/less sporting ones at most of the game fairs