Any one know how many company's actually MAKE brass?

Simjim33

It strikes me as probebly not that many. So I wonder if there is a mass producer and then the companies then stamp there own info on the bases.

It strikes me as probebly not that many. So I wonder if there is a mass producer and then the companies then stamp there own info on the bases.

Norma makes a lot of brass for other companies. I have a catalogue around somewhere which has photos of the head stamps of the companies they supply. May I suggest you pick up a Norma catalogue and have alook at it. You might just be surprised.

Here we have

Winchester
Remington
A-Square
The CCI/Federal group
Starline
Industrias Tecnos....

There are probably others.~Muir

Norma makes a lot of brass for other companies. I have a catalogue around somewhere which has photos of the head stamps of the companies they supply. May I suggest you pick up a Norma catalogue and have alook at it. You might just be surprised.

Any chance of posting that list Brit? If it"s a large number of head stamps that wont surprise me at all. My contention is that there is only a few places tooled up to make brass.

Thanks for the list Muir. When you think of how many rounds are produced world wide buy different ammo companies thats quite a small list.

Any chance of posting that list Brit? If it"s a large number of head stamps that wont surprise me at all. My contention is that there is only a few places tooled up to make brass.

Thanks for the list Muir. When you think of how many rounds are produced world wide buy different ammo companies thats quite a small list.

I would love to but need to acquire another copy of the catalogue first. My own copy was so dangerous that it's in Police custody along with my NRA Gunsmithing guide "Updated" book. Parker-hale catalogue No 73.4 and Ackleys Handbook Vol 2.

Page 1 of Chapter 1 in the Speer #14 says:-

ATK Civil Ammunition makes federal Premium. CCI. Speer. Fusion.
Blazer and Estate Cartridge brands. When your ready to reload RCBS has the tools and equipment you need, and Speer, CCI, Alliant Powder, and federal provide a wealth of bullets, primers and propellants to assemble custom tuned ammunition for your favourite guns.

So yes all owned by one company... what happened to Blount?

Back