Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Binoculars!!!!

Binoculars!!!!

Hi. I know there are loads of topics on here about Bino's but couldnt find anything specific to my question. I have an old pair of Sunagor Binos that are 20x50-100. Huge zoom on them and it took me ages to master using them on the lowest setting without the tripod. I find them great for scanning fields and verges but can be tricky to just point and see in the woods being so powerful. So, basically I want to get something like 8x40 or 10x50 but cheap as possible! Anybody found a bargain or hidden gem out there? Any info would be great. Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by TGEvans View Post
    Hi. I know there are loads of topics on here about Bino's but couldnt find anything specific to my question. I have an old pair of Sunagor Binos that are 20x50-100. Huge zoom on them and it took me ages to master using them on the lowest setting without the tripod. I find them great for scanning fields and verges but can be tricky to just point and see in the woods being so powerful. So, basically I want to get something like 8x40 or 10x50 but cheap as possible! Anybody found a bargain or hidden gem out there? Any info would be great. Tim.
    You need to quantify 'cheap as possible.' at the lower end of the price scal, you'll find it hard to beat Minox

Quote Originally Posted by Vipa View Post
    at the lower end of the price scal, you'll find it hard to beat Minox
    +1 I can't fault my Minox, great bins for the price!

There was a review in one of the shooting magazines of a make that sounded cheap but cheerful- will try and find the article later

Steiner binoculars clear, lightweight, rugged, and cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Glendine View Post
    Steiner binoculars clear, lightweight, rugged, and cheap.
    I have a pair of ex German army Steiners if you want.
    Martin

I have a pair of bushnell 10x42 which are spot on and only cost 60 incl postage. It's on here some where so I'll dig it out and editor in here!

Found it

Budget Binos (69) - Surprising Quality! Bushnell 10x42 Powerview

Thanks guys. Went to a local camera shop this afternoon and tried out pairs from 50 to 1500. For me they stopped getting better at around 300. I was impressed with a pair of Hawkes for 170 and a pair of steiners for 220. Will keep looking though. Have to say the above mentioned Bushnells will be next on my list. Thanks, Tim.

Check out minox , chuffed with mine

Opticron beast them all in my opinion.

Cheapo`s,, look at Konus and Viking