Binoculars!!!!

TGEvans

Hi. I know there are loads of topics on here about Bino's but couldnt find anything specific to my question. I have an old pair of Sunagor Binos that are 20x50-100. Huge zoom on them and it took me ages to master using them on the lowest setting without the tripod. I find them great for scanning fields and verges but can be tricky to just point and see in the woods being so powerful. So, basically I want to get something like 8x40 or 10x50 but cheap as possible! Anybody found a bargain or hidden gem out there? Any info would be great. Tim.

Hi. I know there are loads of topics on here about Bino's but couldnt find anything specific to my question. I have an old pair of Sunagor Binos that are 20x50-100. Huge zoom on them and it took me ages to master using them on the lowest setting without the tripod. I find them great for scanning fields and verges but can be tricky to just point and see in the woods being so powerful. So, basically I want to get something like 8x40 or 10x50 but cheap as possible! Anybody found a bargain or hidden gem out there? Any info would be great. Tim.

You need to quantify 'cheap as possible.' at the lower end of the price scal, you'll find it hard to beat Minox

There was a review in one of the shooting magazines of a make that sounded cheap but cheerful- will try and find the article later

Thanks guys. Went to a local camera shop this afternoon and tried out pairs from £50 to £1500. For me they stopped getting better at around £300. I was impressed with a pair of Hawkes for £170 and a pair of steiners for £220. Will keep looking though. Have to say the above mentioned Bushnells will be next on my list. Thanks, Tim.

you wont see much difference at all once you start getting up around that sort of price tag until it starts getting dark thats when the better glass will start to show

This x100.

When the light is dying and the deer are coming out, it sucks to be able to see a deer with your eyes, but not be able to ID it as it isn't visible in the binos. That's when the good German brands come into their own. I had this exact scenario happen but with good binos and a crap scope. Couldn't see it with the rifle, even though it was there in the binos.

Just received my Minox BF 8 x 42 BR yesterday after being recommended them. I borrowed a pair for a stalk and couldn't fault them. If you don't want to get them from the States then I'd recommend http://www.cleyspy.co.uk/
Order Friday and delivered Tuesday for £134 all in :D

Back