Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hardy Suppressors??

Hardy Suppressors??

Has anyone heard of or any experience of Hardy Suppressors? one of my local gunshops has themin stock and they don't weigh anything compared to a steel can, I was going to get an Ase Utra suppressor for the .308, the one on my .22 is v good.

picture of the hardy I found online is below, was concearned that low weight may = lack of strength.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HardyCan.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	105.4 KB 
ID:	18231

Cheers, WW83

How much they selling for?

Not sure, was too baffled by the low weight and forgot to ask! will enquire today.

Quote Originally Posted by Widow83 View Post
    Not sure, was too baffled by the low weight and forgot to ask! will enquire today.
    Aren't they still almost twice the weight of a Rodale / Atec ?
    Heard something around 350 - 380 grams.
    They are supposed to be very good though.

edi

The thing I don't like about these is the the gas ports point forward - if you've ever used a decent muzzle break they angle them slightly backward in order to reduce recoil... so forward angled ones will surely increase recoil?

The other thing is the noise is made by the gas going supersonic right?... so if this is pointing at your quarry then surely they'll know the direction the sound is coming from, which takes away one of the main benefits of moderators!

Get yourself and MAE T12 or an ASE Ultra - easily the best mods on the market!

got one on my 6.5 and hands down quitest mod i have used as for the blast pointing forward it has a helix like a drill flutes on the muzzle brake and works fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyDoom View Post
    The thing I don't like about these is the the gas ports point forward - if you've ever used a decent muzzle break they angle them slightly backward in order to reduce recoil... so forward angled ones will surely increase recoil?

The other thing is the noise is made by the gas going supersonic right?... so if this is pointing at your quarry then surely they'll know the direction the sound is coming from, which takes away one of the main benefits of moderators!

Get yourself and MAE T12 or an ASE Ultra - easily the best mods on the market!
    Nothing stays the same.
    Advances are made in design all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by fibrewad View Post
    got one on my 6.5 and hands down quitest mod i have used as for the blast pointing forward it has a helix like a drill flutes on the muzzle brake and works fantastic
    What about recoil, how is that?

VERY GOOD MATE AS GOOD AS ANY I HAVE USED(ALOT) best thing is its so light does not unbalance a nice stalking rifle if anyone is down my neck of the woods they are welcombe to do the ear test