Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digital Calipers on sale Monday 20th

Digital Calipers on sale Monday 20th

Hi Guys

Just a wee heads up, Lidl are selling Digital Calipers on Monday 20th for 8.99

Regards

DavieH

Thanks Davie, my eyesight is not up to the vernier any more!

Paul

I have had a pair for years no problems with them at all. There have been some suggestions on here that they are some consistency issues however i did test mine out on some drills and they seemed OK to me.

D

What a coincidence - just looking at a set on Fleabay - about the same price but with Lidl you can have a look at them and take them back if you don't like them!
    Cheers
    Ed

Just make sure you also keep a new spare battery on hand very frustrating if it goes down when you want to use the caliper.

The prices of these have dropped dramitcally since they first came out. Mitatoyo brought them out first i beleive and a 150mm caliper was just over 400 back then. They brought some for the inspectors where I worked.

I brought a new Baty one to suppliment my Mitatoyo Digimatic caliper when they were on offer some 12 years back and that cost about 18. It's been used about twice now so is like new still. It will come in handy at some point. back in about 1993 I brought a Mitatoyo Digimatic just for my handloading through the firm and that cost 69 back then. It has only been used for my handloading never in the workshop. They are useful but I fear not as good as the old type vernier calipers these electronic ones have a fairly short life span in a workshop as they do wear. Having three of them doe help even out the wear and that reminds me I need some new batteries for them as my common usage caliper has no battery in it right now. I used the spare on in the Baty so that's working need to get two more batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Just make sure you also keep a new spare battery on hand very frustrating if it goes down when you want to use the caliper.

The prices of these have dropped dramitcally since they first came out. Mitatoyo brought them out first i beleive and a 150mm caliper was just over 400 back then. They brought some for the inspectors where I worked.

I brought a new Baty one to suppliment my Mitatoyo Digimatic caliper when they were on offer some 12 years back and that cost about 18. It's been used about twice now so is like new still. It will come in handy at some point. back in about 1993 I brought a Mitatoyo Digimatic just for my handloading through the firm and that cost 69 back then. It has only been used for my handloading never in the workshop. They are useful but I fear not as good as the old type vernier calipers these electronic ones have a fairly short life span in a workshop as they do wear. Having three of them doe help even out the wear and that reminds me I need some new batteries for them as my common usage caliper has no battery in it right now. I used the spare on in the Baty so that's working need to get two more batteries.
    Well scripted Brit the only thing i would like to add is when you have finished using caliper take battery out as this will prolong the battery life. I have had battery go flat within a week having left it in the caliper.

Jimbo

Have had one for 3years and it's spot on.One of the best bargains for reloaders.Has helped produce consistent sub 1/4 moa ammo for my 6.5x47.Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo 30 06 View Post
    Well scripted Brit the only thing i would like to add is when you have finished using caliper take battery out as this will prolong the battery life. I have had battery go flat within a week having left it in the caliper.

Jimbo
    Why thank you Jimbo.

As for battery life in my calipers it has been good. I usually have batteries in them but might resort to removing at the one from my hand loading caliper for now. With it's light usage normally the battery lasts several years.

The Baty did have a faulty battery and I thought the caliper had gone wrong and was actually looking for the information as to where to return it to for repair when I tried the battery out of my "Norma" usage Mitutoyo Absolute Digimatic and hey presto it works. So when i go into town today i will see about a couple of new batteries. My "Normal" usage caliper no longer has a box to reside in as someone decided they needed it more than I and it went missing whilst contract working at a large engineering form on the south coast some years ago. Have always wondered if they thought the caliper was inside?

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Why thank you Jimbo.

As for battery life in my calipers it has been good. I usually have batteries in them but might resort to removing at the one from my hand loading caliper for now. With it's light usage normally the battery lasts several years.

The Baty did have a faulty battery and I thought the caliper had gone wrong and was actually looking for the information as to where to return it to for repair when I tried the battery out of my "Norma" usage Mitutoyo Absolute Digimatic and hey presto it works. So when i go into town today i will see about a couple of new batteries. My "Normal" usage caliper no longer has a box to reside in as someone decided they needed it more than I and it went missing whilst contract working at a large engineering form on the south coast some years ago. Have always wondered if they thought the caliper was inside?
    Sorry to here you caliper case went missing, why do PRATS do such evil deeds as, if you steal a mans tools you are stealing his living and livelyhood. Bring back the BIRCH.

Jimbo

I have a couple of these and find them very good. Also got given a Draper Expert caliper that has never been used!