My lee reloading press just broke at the handle

Heym SR20

Just reloading some ammo and the bottom die cast bracket on my lee reloading press has just broken where the handle joins. Where can I get spares other than importing from the US. Many thanks

Send me a PM

I have a trade account with one of the importers

Best if you can find a pdf of the parts for the press so you have the correct name/number

Just reloading some ammo and the bottom die cast bracket on my lee reloading press has just broken where the handle joins. Where can I get spares other than importing from the US. Many thanks

Mine did exactly the same a couple of months ago. contact Tim hannam reloading they will send you new stronger parts for about £12. They know exactly the parts you need.

A Lee Press breaking? Surely not.;)

Yorkie.

Oh yes I have heard of it but never seen it. I used a Turret press for years and still have it. Also had a "C" press but let someone just starting up in reloading and short on funds have it in exchange for two stag antler s cane/stick handles. I did not catch the make but years ago i saw a cast iron "O" fraime press that had been broken through the frame. The operating handle was also well bent :eek:.

Some people can break almost anything.

It would be the old style lee challenger press. I have seen a few break. I was given one which I managed to weld back together sufficiently. If they break it means you haven't got your press set up correctly in terms of dies. set the die height up so the press just cams over and you will be fine. that is after you repair the press.

Brithunter.
My comment was intended as little tongue in cheek hence the wink. I have broken early Lee linkages, they were made out of a zinc alloy monkey metal. Not an issue now as they have done a re-design. A quick Google will show it was a common problem.

Yorkie.

Brithunter.
My comment was intended as little tongue in cheek hence the wink. I have broken early Lee linkages, they were made out of a zinc alloy monkey metal. Not an issue now as they have done a re-design. A quick Google will show it was a common problem.

Yorkie.

Not sure what the ones on my turret press are but as I brought it in about 1986 :confused:.

Yes as I said I have heard even read about people breaking them. On another note I have a friend who bent the priming rod on a Lee hand primer by forcing primers into crimped 5.56 case primer pockets. he was a highly skilled mechanic too. How none of the primer did not detonate is another question.

So as I also said some people can break anything.

I suppose it's my background as a machinist which makes me more considerate with tools, things like centre drills if abused are easy to snap the pilot off and small HSS taps break easily is any side pressure is applied etc. One develops a feel for such things.

As for tongue in cheek ......................................... there are those who just love to knock anything made by Lee. I am not keen of their case mouth deburring tool nor their safety scales preferring other makes however I don't knock them.

I do not understand why people knock lee equip. their collet neck dies are the best dies around imo

I had my breech lock challenger press handle linkage crack a couple of years ago, because I wasn't using it properly. I fixed it in 2 minutes with a couple of jubilee clips, and it's worked perfectly ever since.

IMG_0196.jpg

Back