Thread: BRNO/CZ scope rings

BRNO/CZ scope rings

Gentlemen, I am trying to get some scope rings for my Brno ZKK600, which is the same dovetail as the newer CZ550...

I am looking at the Sportsmatch rings, but I cannot see that the rings have a recoil lug thing that fits intot he side of the dovetail on the rifle...does anybody use Sportsmatch rings on their Brno or CZ rifle? Are these rings going to stay put if they are just clamped to the dovetail with no recoil stop lug used?

PM inbound
    Politicians are like nappies,they should be changed frequently and for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlsen Highway View Post
    Gentlemen, I am trying to get some scope rings for my Brno ZKK600, which is the same dovetail as the newer CZ550...

I am looking at the Sportsmatch rings, but I cannot see that the rings have a recoil lug thing that fits intot he side of the dovetail on the rifle...does anybody use Sportsmatch rings on their Brno or CZ rifle? Are these rings going to stay put if they are just clamped to the dovetail with no recoil stop lug used?
    I use BKL and Sportsmatch on my rimfires - both are excellent... if this is for a centrefire I reccomend sportsmatch and use the recoil lug. A gunsmith will drill it for you if there's no hole for it to grip on.

As per my PM use a decent properly designed ring mount, one that fits the receiver such as the Hilver rings, What I didn't mention is that Lynx/B-Square are making them I believe although you might have to order from abroad as I have not seen anyone advertising them here.

The Hilver ones fit properly:-

As you can see. A bonus is of course they also look good and sleek unlike those blocks of ally Sportsmatch sell.

EDIT:- Oh I almost forgot if you really to go upmarket then I have a link to a US Gunsmith in Alaska who makes Q/R rings for the CZ/Brno. Not cheap but thay are very good.
    Last edited by Brithunter; 16-08-2012 at 10:15.

recknagel makes some very nice bases and mounts, but dear.

Hi
    What diameter scope do you want to fit... I have a set of Warne 30mm rings that I purchased for my 550 in 243 but never used as I fitted a weaver rail from a CZ750.