Quad shooting rest/gun rack

DazT

Hi have been looking for a good shooting rest/gun rack to use on my quad for a while.
I have asked on a few forums about the best ones to look at and where to get them from.
There doesn't seem to be many available at all - unless you live in the states.

I was contacted by a guy on another forum who said that his mate is a fabricator and that he could make me one up.
I spoke to him a couple of times on the phone and gave him all the measurements he required.
A couple of days later he sent me some pictures of the finished shooting rest/gun rack (pics below)
Its just what i was looking for and the height of the rest is adjustable.

Now this isn't an advert more of a heads up for quad owners that would be interested in having something similar made.
Drop me a pm and i'll pass on the guys phone number.

But £30 plus post i thought was a bit of a bargain!!!

Daz

Attachments

• rack 1.JPG
    rack 1.JPG
    175.5 KB · Views: 113
  • rack 2.JPG
    rack 2.JPG
    205 KB · Views: 105
Similar to my quad design ,make sure you pipe lag and duck tape all the metal parts likely to come in contact with your guns after you rust proof them ,stops all the dings and clatters when out lamping .

Yep good idea mate! Thinking about some sort of fixed lamp setup too.
Have already installed a 12v power point that is fed from the 2nd battery.

Cheers
Daz

Yep good idea mate! Thinking about some sort of fixed lamp setup too.
Have already installed a 12v power point that is fed from the 2nd battery.

Here is my version with lamp setup. I made the rest as wide as the bars to give the widest shooting arc although a stop on the end would be a good idea. I have tracked a rabbit in the scope only to have the rifle nearly fall off the end :oops:
100_6105.JPG

P.s a piece of 15mm copper pipe screwed to the rest fits very well in the bottom handle of the cluson lamp allowing swivel if single handed

Back