Thread: Dear Members,

Dear Members,

I stumbled across the stalking directory whilst trawling the web for information on rifle calibers and stalking a little while back after purchasing a lovely 22-250 wolverine from the guys at decoying.co.uk (Thank you!, a great rifle that I am thoroughly enjoying). To date I’ve found the forum very informative.

Since purchasing the rifle I have been blessed with the opportunity to stalk a few muntjac, lamp fox as well as carry out some general vermin control. In the near future I am hoping to step up a gear, apply for a rifle that will be suitable for all UK deer species and possibly boar. At this time I’m still trying to research which caliber will address all my needs without lacking fire power or causing to much damage. I will no doubt be looking to go on paid stalks to begin with so don’t want to be frond upon for having to much fire power.

As well as the 22-250 I own a 22LR and two shot guns. I have more experience with shot guns than rifles and the 22-250 is my first centre fire so I am no expert and any advice will always be listened to.

I will also take the opportunity to inform you that this is the first and only forum I have joined so it is new territory. If a make a mistake I apologies in advance.

Not much else to say at this point in time other than I look forward to learning as much as possible from the site as well a contributing were ever possible.

Regards

SJC

Apologies, I forgot to state that i am based in Southern England
    Last edited by SJC; 16-08-2012 at 19:36.

Now that's a proper introduction. You have raised the bar there SJC. Welcome to the site and remember there is an advanced search at the top right of the screen where you can find out loads of info from people who may have needed to know what you're already about to ask. Might save you a bit of time in getting your answers? Beware of asking the question 'what's the best calibre for' too. So many opinions and all of them right (for that person anyway!)

No No No - its DEER members...

Good intro SJC - welcome to the forum.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Welcome to the site,

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Welcome to the site SJC

Quote Originally Posted by SJC View Post
    I stumbled across the stalking directory whilst trawling the web for information on rifle calibers and stalking a little while back after purchasing a lovely 22-250 wolverine from the guys at decoying.co.uk (Thank you!, a great rifle that I am thoroughly enjoying). To date I’ve found the forum very informative.

Since purchasing the rifle I have been blessed with the opportunity to stalk a few muntjac, lamp fox as well as carry out some general vermin control. In the near future I am hoping to step up a gear, apply for a rifle that will be suitable for all UK deer species and possibly boar. At this time I’m still trying to research which caliber will address all my needs without lacking fire power or causing to much damage. I will no doubt be looking to go on paid stalks to begin with so don’t want to be frond upon for having to much fire power.

As well as the 22-250 I own a 22LR and two shot guns. I have more experience with shot guns than rifles and the 22-250 is my first centre fire so I am no expert and any advice will always be listened to.

I will also take the opportunity to inform you that this is the first and only forum I have joined so it is new territory. If a make a mistake I apologies in advance.

Not much else to say at this point in time other than I look forward to learning as much as possible from the site as well a contributing were ever possible.

Regards

SJC

Apologies, I forgot to state that i am based in Southern England
    There's no such thing as 'too much firepower!'

Welcome

hi and welcome to sd all the very best SJC